Mass back ACC carpet worth the extra money?

2000xp8

SN Certified Technician
Aug 8, 2003
NJ
One thing i need severely is a new carpet, i still have the original.
If the Mass Back version will make the cabin more comfortable or quieter, i'm all for it. I couldn't care less about weight.

Anyone notice a real difference?

thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I bought the mass back and I think its great. My old carpet was so bad, so I really can't compare it to that.

I'm afraid that may be the issue with getting a good review of the mass back carpet.
I'd bet not too many guys have done the carpet twice, so they are comparing it to the worn out stocker and that may not be all that fair of a comparison.

I don't have a problem spending the extra money, as long as i'm getting more for it.

As long as you don't mind doing all the cutting and trimming its not a bad piece. I used it before and like said earlier it was no comparison to the ratty stocker. For my last project I bought a carpet from a wrecked new edge. It took about as much work as the ACC carpet to fit correctly, but was MUCH cheaper.

The mass back is absolutely worth every penny. You may want to wait for a warm sunny day to let the carpet sit out in the sun. Heat makes it more pliable and easier to work with. When I installed the ACC mass back in myu 91 coupe there was some cutting and trimming required, but that comes with the territory. I wouldn't hesitate to buy/install one again.

I have the mass back carpet in my coupe. Nice stuff, I think it's worth it, little more of a pain to trim due to the thickness. Overall I would suggest it.