Mechanic In Ft. Worth, Texas Area

justin91lx

Aug 19, 2014
Texas
Currently in the middle of getting the car back together and i'm out of time and looking for someone that could Finish getting everything back together and get her running. Just shoot me quote in a pm. I live west side of fort worth, in the white settlement area.

Attachments

• motor1.jpg
    motor1.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 2014-09-05 09.43.08.jpg
    2014-09-05 09.43.08.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Sponsors (?)

Well I manage to get the car together on my own. Didn't think I'll have any more time, but I did. Now running into a issue with idle surge. Does it at a cold start when it warms up it gets worse and motor would stall. The tps was off fixed that and same issue. If I remember correctly the old motor did the same. I had to set the idle to 950-1000 to get rid of the surge. Is there a check list to fix the problem. I'd like to drive the car with out it stalling at every light lol. Any ideas?

You guys with idle/stall problems could save a lot of time chasing your tails if you would go through the Surging Idle Checklist. Over 50 different people contributed information to it. The first two posts have all the fixes, and steps through the how to find and fix your idle problems without spending a lot of time and money. I continue to update it as more people post fixes or ask questions. You can post questions to that sticky and have your name and idle problem recognized. The guys with original problems and fixes get their posts added to the main fix. :D

It's free, I don't get anything for the use of it except knowing I helped a fellow Mustang enthusiast with his car. At last check, it had more than 159,000 hits, which indicates it does help fix idle problems quickly and inexpensively.