Military Mustang Order?

Willy7818

Aug 2, 2004
Hello everyone. I just ordered an '05 Mustang GT and since I have done so I have seen alot of postings about people putting orders through and getting a better deal through the military. My question is whether this is only available for active military or if do I have this option available for being in the army during Vietnam? Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

• Sponsors (?)

Willy7818 said:
Hello everyone. I just ordered an '05 Mustang GT and since I have done so I have seen alot of postings about people putting orders through and getting a better deal through the military. My question is whether this is only available for active military or if do I have this option available for being in the army during Vietnam? Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the full rebate is only for Active Members However, I believe they have a smaller rebate for Honorably Discharged persons. You may have to produce your discharge. I would just call any Ford dealer to confirm, or check the website.

Ironic... if this is the case... the people who have spilled the blood already get a smaller discount than someone in boot camp. Go figure.

1. There are two different issues. A military order and a military rebate.
2. Rebate is between $750-$1000, I received $1000, but do not know why, since others have only received $750.
3. A military order through ENCS, may get a better price (and not have to pay taxes) than ordering through a dealer. This option is only open to those Military Service Members on Active Status (Active Guard or Reserve included) that are deployed overseas. Since the stateside price is not released yet, the price I received ($25,482) for an 05 GT may or may not be better than buying at a dealer, but I would put my money (and I did) that this is a better price.
4. Nothing against serving in Vietnam, but there are people bleeding now in Iraq and Afganistan. So what if we get a discount for that.

Deuce4 said:
4. Nothing against serving in Vietnam, but there are people bleeding now in Iraq and Afganistan. So what if we get a discount for that.

Deuce.. let me be clear... I am very supportive of our military. Very. I have family over there as well. When I said, "spilled blood", I was referring to all but those in boot camp. I think people in the military deserve more than they get.