Missing 2nd And 4th

Hey guys just replaced the clutch, new flywheel new clutch and pressure plate new throw out bearing and new cable. I stayed with the old fork because it seemed alright. Got everything tight and double checked took it for a ride, and it will go into all the gears while moving but the minute i step off the clutch pedal it jumps out of 2nd and 4th gear. I have reverse any suggestions? O its a 92 GT

Thanks Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

Ooohh. Huge no no. Best car scenario you unbolt the transmission from the bellhousing, use a clutch alignment tool to center the clutch and reinstall the transmission praying you didn't fubar the pilot bearing the first time. Worst case your input shaft destroyed the pilot bearing abd you have to replace it but now you know what not to do.

Your transmission itself is fine. You have a pilot bearing failure or clutch/flywheel issues.

I would like said remove the transmission from the bell housing or if you want to cover all the bases take the bell off inspect the pilot bearing. Reinstall the clutch/bell housing and then install the transmission.

Before you go crazy, check your shifter.

2nd and 4th gear are unrelated in terms of mechanicals inside the T-5. Both shift forks, and/or both synchros and gear teeth would need to be bad. Now, that may be possible, or the simply solution is you have the shift stops set too far out on your shifter and it doesn't allow 2nd and 4th to fully seat.

I could be wrong...but check the simple things first.