Modded '01 Gt Rough Horsepower Estimate?

So I just finished the last upgrades to my car that the previous owner failed to install himself. My car is an '01 GT, with around 100k miles. The build list:
-BBK 78mm throttle body/plenum
-JLT CAI
-Trick Flow heads (not sure which exact model)
-Trick Flow Stage 1 cams
-BBK High flow fuel rails
-BBK Underdrive pulleys
-60lb injectors
-BBK shorty headers w/ catted h pipe to straight pipes
-Hypertech tune 93 octane
-NX Nitrous Kit, set up for 175 shot (previous owners doing, most likely going to 75 or 100)
-Car also has forged internals of some brand, I'm just taking the previous owners words for it on that. He IS a part owner of a race shop and I trust the guy. Have receipts for everything else. I've only had the car for a month or so, and I personally only installed the fuel rails and the injectors. I'm 16 and I actually don't even have my license yet (stupid Indiana laws) so I obviously haven't been able to take it to a dyno. Seeing as that won't be happening for at least a while, can somebody possibly give me a rough power estimate on/off the bottle?

• Sponsors (?)

I am thinking to the rear wheels most likely 260-285ish best best case.. Some of the mods are very questionable like the Bbk shorty headers, Hyper tech tune, and the previous owner told you that it had forged internals but has no receipts/proof of that but has receipts for the other parts??.. Pretty much everyone that would do aftermarket ported n polished heads and cams plus nitrous would go long tube headers to a off road ( NO CATS ) h/x pipe to a chambered muffler, bullet style resonators, or straight pipes like you said is what ya have rite now and get a professional dyno tune.. especially if the previous owner owns or owned a automotive performance shop!.. If i were buying the car and i was getting told what the previous owner has told you i would be asking a lot of detailed questions and would wanna know why receipts for everything but the supposed " forged internals " .. and like i said owns a performance shop but doesn't dyno tune it, instead uses one of the worst handheld programmers out there in hyper tech( I've heard their dissent for GM trucks and ls stuff but never anything Ford related! ) ??..

Only 260? Isn't that what these are rated for stock? Or even 280? That's only a 20 hp increase... and like I said I know the 4.6 is hard to make power out of but isn't that a tiny gain? Can't you get almost 15 with a cai alone?

Stock 260 is crank HP. That relates to about 225 to the wheels. My car has nearly every upgrade possible and lays down 325 on a Mustang Dyno...close to 350 on a Dynojet. You can get these little motors to run pretty good...just takes a little cash.

15hp from a CAI is a dream. Maybe 5 if that.

Check out the dyno thread at the top of this section. That will give you some insight on mods and HP.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user