Modern Maverick

20150131_125549.jpg
20150131_125721.jpg
20150131_113151.jpg
received_10205430644991692.jpeg
20150131_180605.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Don't do it. Don't use that SSI. Or if you do have a plan B for when it doesn't seal.

If you get the thing to seal, it's been an intake that's on par with a GT40 tubular from what I recall.

I suppose stealth is not an issue when you are putting EFI in a Maverick. Trick Flow for the spin in a lighter car if you still have it would be good. Do not go with one of those box uppers if you want to cruise.

From what I've read the bbk offer 37 hp bolt on.. the 1st intake unseen was a performer by edelBrock and it offers around 30 hp bolt on... but I really like the look of the bbk.. only issue I read was fuel o ring not seating. But I've seen this one run personally so I know it is good as fare as leaks and such...

I have seen but one of these things that was sanded smooth and polished.

THAT was a badass looking intake. hehe

Looks wise... I think this is still my favorite:

5g.jpg

This looks pretty sweet too though:

ctwHRCCC_050509_214857.jpg

I have seen but one of these things that was sanded smooth and polished.

THAT was a badass looking intake. hehe

Looks wise... I think this is still my favorite:

5g.jpg

This looks pretty sweet too though:

ctwHRCCC_050509_214857.jpg
I think yours looks great man... any idea where i can buy a complete gasket kit and a bolt kit for mine??? would like to make sure there are NO leaks on it so i would need new gaskets upper lower, middle, and top plate. mine also looks like it has some sort of spacer in between the top and bottom intake???

I think yours looks great man... any idea where i can buy a complete gasket kit and a bolt kit for mine??? would like to make sure there are NO leaks on it so i would need new gaskets upper lower, middle, and top plate. mine also looks like it has some sort of spacer in between the top and bottom intake???

The gaskets you can probably get from LRS. I don't know of a bolt kit for the SSI but hell... a completely assembled bolt kit for an OEM intake is a rare find. lol

Swap to studs if you have the room. At least for the lower plenum. Those should be the same length as any other. The uppers you may end up having to measure out.

Edit: Oh... and that pic up there isn't of mine. I just like the tubular intake. :)

Took intake to fastenal and got all my bolts.. lower intake bolts were 5/16×18..... 2 1/4 long.. needed two 3 1/4 long bolts for upper and six that were 2 1/4 long for upper... also needed 10 number 10 fine thread .5 inch long for ssi plate on top