RANT!!! More Junk That Bugs Me.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
I was looking at other threads on the other Mustang forum I frequent, and it became apparent to me that there were still things that bug me, worthy of a bullet list. ( besides certain words) So again as filler, here is my short list:

#1. Fuzzy animals/ models that are placed in,on or around the owners' car while showing it.
WTF is that all about? A stuffed animal? A little plastic version of the real car it sits on?
Weened a bit too early?
#2. Referring to a car, or any other mechanical mode of transport as "she".
Who in the hell started that dumb assed practice?
#3. Buying, and building a 4 door beater "sleeper".
a. Who are you kidding? The sleeper woke up as soon as it sounded like a 5.0.
b. How long do you have to tolerate driving some hagged out CDAN just for the off chance that the guy in the Corvette next to you makes the "ultimate mistake" and races you?
c. Do you gloat? Proud of the fact that you smoked a C7 Vette? Is the guy driving the Vette wishing he had your beater instead?
#4. Those dirty sunsabitc hes that know that a line will form at any given on/off ramp and go to the front of the line (like they couldn't get over in time) and cut in.
#5. The sorry bastards that let the dirty sunsabitc hes in.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I was looking at other threads on the other Mustang forum I frequent, and it became apparent to me that there were still things that bug me, worthy of a bullet list. ( besides certain words) So again as filler, here is my short list:

#1. Fuzzy animals/ models that are placed in,on or around the owners' car while showing it.
WTF is that all about? A stuffed animal? A little plastic version of the real car it sits on?
Weened a bit too early?
#2. Referring to a car, or any other mechanical mode of transport as "she".
Who in the hell started that dumb assed practice?
#3. Buying, and building a 4 door beater "sleeper".
a. Who are you kidding? The sleeper woke up as soon as it sounded like a 5.0.
b. How long do you have to tolerate driving some hagged out CDAN just for the off chance that the guy in the Corvette next to you makes the "ultimate mistake" and races you?
c. Do you gloat? Proud of the fact that you smoked a C7 Vette? Is the guy driving the Vette wishing he had your beater instead?
#4. Those dirty sunsabitc hes that know that a line will form at any given on/off ramp and go to the front of the line (like they couldn't get over in time) and cut in.
#5. The sorry bastards that let the dirty sunsabitc hes in.
#4, but #5 is even worse

I hate the SHE thing ugh.

Also hate the term "stang" and "termmie"

I like the unusual car 4 door, wagon but that's just me.

Non mustang sites often refer to my car as a "sleeper" not sure how a 5.0 GT be a sleeper

mike, this time i agree with just about everything you wrote, except that about the sleepers. if they are built right, they dont sound like hot rods, and as such really are sleepers. and if you do race, you always win even if you lose the race. why? well that guy in the C7 vette was supposed to beat your 4dr fairmont, and if he does, everyone says so what? you were supposed to win. if you win, he get razzed by his compatriots for losing to a 4dr fairmont, thus you dont have to gloat.

I hate the SHE thing ugh.

Non mustang sites often refer to my car as a "sleeper" not sure how a 5.0 GT be a sleeper
I'm a "she" kinda man, (I'm ready for the zings) and as for the 5.0 sleeper thing well, c'mon guys y'all know there are a butt-ton of "Stangs";) out there with 30 year old running gear and cai's getting spanked by Camry's.

I agree with everything besides 3, but we have a G8 that's quite fun to drive.
mike, this time i agree with just about everything you wrote, except that about the sleepers. if they are built right, they dont sound like hot rods, and as such really are sleepers. and if you do race, you always win even if you lose the race. why? well that guy in the C7 vette was supposed to beat your 4dr fairmont, and if he does, everyone says so what? you were supposed to win. if you win, he get razzed by his compatriots for losing to a 4dr fairmont, thus you dont have to gloat.
I'm definitely NOT talking about a G8. There is nothing beater about that car.

The perfect example of a "beater Fairmont" is the one that's all over Youtube w/ a turbo'd LS in it. That car runs what.... High 9 second 1/4 mile times?

Bench seat, column shifted brown interior, w/ a big assed turbo down pipe exiting in front of the passenger side tire, all w/o the benefit of muffler.

Yeah, it'd be fun blazing the tires and staying in front of the Vette, but then the guy in the Vette asks dude to follow him to any other venue,.. AutoX, Road Course, 2 mile straight away. Even if the fairmont is geared to go that fast, I'd like to watch it come into a curve on the brakes after hitting 150 on the straight. Hell, I'd pay to watch it as he tried to drive it at 150 MPH for longer than a 1/4 mile stretch. Even the lowly cruise night, The Vette gets it all back in spades. Then, if fairmont dude is still needing his ass beat, pull up in front of a night club and let the Women pick out the winner.

Finally, after a hard day spent trashing the 4 door fairmont, Vette dude gets to take one of the nicest production cars in the world (for the money) and drive it as far as he wants, while probably getting close to 30MPG.

Last edited:
mike, if the fairmont is built right, it can do everything the vette can do, and still seat four people and carry luggage. you know that as well as i do.
Alright,.I partially concede. The point is that a typical beater is not built "right". It's usually built for one thing.
If you build a 4 door mont to truly keep up w/ the new Vette, GT 500Shelby,SRT8Challenger, Z28Camaro,
It's gonna look like it.
And while it won't cost anywhere near 80k to make that happen, You're still gonna have a buttload in it.

And the resale price of a nice 4 door mont is.........................1000.00?

Matter of fact I know a guy right now that has well over 20 times that in a two door version, and I'd bet it wouldn't have a prayer in any of the above arenas.

And furthermore.......It's still a Fairmont.

And we're talkin about one w/ two additional doors on top of that.

You can't get 3 outta 10 Mustang guys to look at them, how do you spose they'd fare in the common populace when sitting next to one of the above?

How about folks who post asking for help, then ignore all advice that is not what they already wanted to hear? We did not have to try to help you.

#2 personifying a car or pet helps justify the time and affection lavished on it and tolerate it when it is difficult or not cooperative. A female mustang owner asked me "But if it has a stick shift and ball bearings, shouldn't it be a him?"

How about folks who post asking for help, then ignore all advice that is not what they already wanted to hear? We did not have to try to help you.

#2 personifying a car or pet helps justify the time and affection lavished on it and tolerate it when it is difficult or not cooperative. A female mustang owner asked me "But if it has a stick shift and ball bearings, shouldn't it be a him?"
Usually joined the same day, gets huffy and puffy, then disappears.

Or attempts multiple race car builds before deciding Mike was right all along. You can find those here too.

Ah yes...the "this is my first Mustang. I want to make 22psi of booooost and crank out a thousand horsepower through stock block 302, but I've only got a $300 budget to work with" type people.

Reactions: 1 users