Mounting Wheel + Brakes To Table

Gellpak

Nov 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
So I have a set of wheels that I took off my '66 a while back that I'm going to make end tables out of. Mounting the wheel itself is pretty straightforward, I just throw some bolts through where the studs would go and into the wooden base I've built.

BUT, I'd also like to mount it with a brake disc and caliper for that added sexiness. I think all I need for the right look is wheel + disc + caliper and whatever I need to hold it all together. Anyone know of any basic brackets that will give me a flush mounting point I can use to hold all this together?

• Sponsors (?)

use stock spindles, theyll hold the rotor and brake caliper on and u can bolt the wheel to it, then weld or screw on some small l brackets to the back side o the spindle and that to the table. Put up some pics, but yeah gonna be crazy heavy

shem

Sure. Basically I want the bare minimum needed to include a disc an caliper into this setup I already have going, I just don't know what brackets I'll need.

IMG_20170129_152142.jpg
IMG_20170129_152200.jpg

It depends a lot on what your brake setup is. For example, Granada style mountings are completely different from the '67 Kelsey Hayes setup.

So, IF you're using the '67 Kelsey Hayes setup; using the stock spindle from a '67 (or, alternatively the outer bearing race of the inner bearing and the I.D. of the hub) as a guide, make a wooden spindle on a lathe to fit tight inside the hub. Fasten your existing boards to the bottom (inside of the spindle), then make wooden brackets to hold the caliper in place using the original brackets as a template. paint as desired. it's not like it has to be strong enough to rotate or stop, it just has to sit there.