MTV's Pimp My ride

mxzx446

Founding Member
Mar 30, 2002
Cazenovia, NY
I was watching this show tonight and next weeks show is with a 67 Mustang. For those who dont know what this show is, they take a p.o.s. car into West Coast Customs and make nice. This stang is pretty beat. I hope they dont ruin it. Also, its a girl who owns it.

• Sponsors (?)

When's that show on?

Speakin of flames, anybody got any pics of a car w/ghost flames? A buddy of mine has been trying to find some pics of a car like that - he's considering doing the ghost flames on his black 99 Cobra.

hey guys..
i just caught the show and it was sweeeeeeeeet!!! the flames had to be taken out because it wasn't street legal but it still sounded mean. if you guys havent seen it, MTV airs reruns of the show all the time so be sure to watch. I'm a big fan of the classics myself and it was awesome to see a restoration job this good.

A couple of things that I thought were funny with the show:
1) They dumped all the money into the body work and they rivetted in new floor pans. That extremely lame in my opinion.
2) They said that no one makes rims for these era cars. Well I guess we outta let everyone on this forum with torq thrusts, vintage 45s, edelbrocks, and late model Mustang that they should check their wheels because they might not fit. What they should have said was that no one makes super gaudy bling bling rims for these older cars.

Besides that I thought they did a pretty good job. The seats were great with the recline, stock look, and headrest. The paint was nicely done along with the new body accessories they had put on.

IMHO, I think they did a pretty good job.

I do agree that the rims did suck and think about it, take the rims off, sell em and get some other ones. The paint job and interior resto was done really well and looked really good. I wish my seats reclined. The car did sound pretty strong too. "X" said it himself, "This car hauls ass!".
And if you think about it, they fixed up a pony that perhaps a few years down the line probably wouldnt be on the street anymore.

monk302 said:
2) They said that no one makes rims for these era cars. Well I guess we outta let everyone on this forum with torq thrusts, vintage 45s, edelbrocks, and late model Mustang that they should check their wheels because they might not fit. What they should have said was that no one makes super gaudy bling bling rims for these older cars.

Well. Technically they were right. There are only like 3 wheels options for the 4-lug pattern used on early Mustangs.

The funny thing is they still ended up using a 4-5 lug adapter, so they still could've used a more popular 5 lug wheel. Even ones from late-model Mustangs. But I don't guess Bulllitts or Cobra wheels would've been ghetto enough for MTV.

I don't get why they didn't just convert the car to 5-lug. It already had the V8 swap. Hmm, I'm wondering if they have the correct suspension on the car. :shrug:

I usually don't post here but those rims were used cause there giovanni custom made rims and that's who sponsors the show and giovanni doesn't make mustang rims and they looked horrible. Other than that, I thought it came out very nice, except for the headliner, but the tv was kinda cool but I spend a lot of time just sitting in line in my car.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Well. Technically they were right. There are only like 3 wheels options for the 4-lug pattern used on early Mustangs.

The funny thing is they still ended up using a 4-5 lug adapter, so they still could've used a more popular 5 lug wheel. Even ones from late-model Mustangs. But I don't guess Bulllitts or Cobra wheels would've been ghetto enough for MTV.

I don't get why they didn't just convert the car to 5-lug. It already had the V8 swap. Hmm, I'm wondering if they have the correct suspension on the car. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I am wrong, but I could have sworn that the car in the show was a 8 cylinder/5 lug car. If it wasn't I could understand the use having Giovanni make up a set of rims.

By the way, after seeing the show I would love to have some flames coming from my cars exhaust. I understand the basic principle of it, but how exactly did they wire it up? I like how it didn't really shoot out that far, only about a foot.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]
I don't get why they didn't just convert the car to 5-lug. It already had the V8 swap. Hmm, I'm wondering if they have the correct suspension on the car. :shrug:[/QUOTE]
If they did it was probably held on with pop rivets! The chromed side scoops have GOT to go.

monk302 said:
By the way, after seeing the show I would love to have some flames coming from my cars exhaust. I understand the basic principle of it, but how exactly did they wire it up? I like how it didn't really shoot out that far, only about a foot.

Use a spark plug with a power convertor. The button fires it. The car needs to be running real rich in order to work.

I was not all that impressed. the solid headliner was pretty cool. other than the clouds.

but they really did not do anything all that special with the car. they painted it and installed a stereo basically.

the rims were different to say the least, and the floor boards were a hack job. I do not think they removed the rusted portions. just layed down some sheetmetal over it.

I did like the seats.

I like how the guy said it would be worth $25,000. That estimate was a bit high.