Engine Mustang 2005 Gt Coolant Reservoir

InflateGT

Apr 30, 2015
Hello i own a 2005 Mustang GT and recently my coolant resevoir started to boil and steam. I've checked the radiator fan and it is working fine, the radiator itself is fairly clean. I am not sure if the cap is faulty or its out of coolant? The thermostat seems to be working fine, the A/C shoots the proper heat and cold air. I really don't know. Money is tight right now, i won't be able to get it to the shop until my next pay check : (. I thought it would be good idea to ask this question, incase someone has dealt with this particular problem before. Hopefully it's not a blown head gasket.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi,

First off, don't panic about the head gasket, it's very rare on the 4.6 V8's... If you had a mid 80's to late 90's 3.8L V6, I'd say you had something to worry about.

It's possible there is a very small leak somewhere. Could be hoses, clamp, or possibly even the water pump... all are no big deal.
The best thing to do is get to your mechanic and have them do a pressure test on the system (with die if possible). This will quickly if there is a leak and where it is coming from.

Start with that, then let us know how you make out....