Mustang Aesthetic Help

JQHNDi

Aug 14, 2014
So when it comes to the appearance of my 2001 Mustang, I personally love to take looks from other kinds of mustangs (like my personal favorite, the Mach 1) but dont ever want my mustang to try and be something its not. No matter how many aesthetic mods on my mustang look like a Mach 1, I will never put a mach 1 or a cobra badge on it, I dont roll like that, My Mustang will always be a GT. Any how, one thing I have taken quite a liking too is the look of the rear bumper on the 2003 and 2004 Mustang cobras, (that bumper with the plastic insert near the bottom that wraps around the exhaust).

So my question is this, is there any way to get or find that kind of Cobra bumper but not have it say cobra on it? maybe have it say Mustang instead? The last thing I want to do is put a bumper on my GT that clearly says Cobra, Im aware this is probably an impossible task and Im sure some would find the addition quite controversial, but I was just wondering if anyone knew of a place or person that makes this kind of bumper, would be something Id love to add to my Mustang if it were at all possible.

Thanks! :)

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Here is a photo shopped idea of what Im looking for, again I know it may be taboo to many cobra and even GT owners, but it does say mustang... so its not really a disguise...
MustangBumper4.jpg.html

I can't see your picture at work, but.......

It has been done a couple different ways. The first one I saw was several years ago, but, if I remember right, it was a nightmare. Basically, they took the Cobra rear, and cut out the portion that said COBRA, and cut out the part of his GT bumper that said MUSTANG. After a lot of urethane filler, wire mesh, and backing plates....but he had a cobra bumper that said mustang. The other one, and I have seen this more than once, is to fill in the cobra lettering to just leave it smooth. I think it cracked at one point because someone leaned on it, but, again, it can be done. The last, and most interesting way I have seen it done, was that they cut out the COBRA and put in a license place indention where the Cobra was originally located. It was complete with lighting. For the trunk lid, they filled that area in, and smoothed it over.

I am trying to find pictures of all of them, but it was years ago. Here are some that I have found.....

Here is a link to a google search that shows A LOT that have the cobra smoothed over....some good, some bad!

Here is another with a photoshop of the moved license plate. The one I saw was similar, but the recess in the trunk lid was filled in and contoured.

050517-3608-1116363913.jpg
\
and another...
99ROADSERREAR3434_03.jpg

I can't believe the aftermarket hasn't picked up on this yet but they haven't. Thousands of people want the Cobra bumper without the "Cobra"on it. Anyone that has ever had to replace the rear bumper on one of these cars has had the same thought cross their mind. And yet the most aftermarket supported vehicle in the world can not get this bumper made. I'm holding on to hope for the future.

Holding out hope may not be a good idea. Consider, the last SN95 car is 10 years old. There will be fewer and fewer companies making stuff for the SN95 vehicles. I know companies like abcexclusive.com had deals that if you could get X# of orders with money in hand, they would make the product. I think they did actually make some of these bumper covers back in 07 or 08, but that was a while ago. Try to contact them and see if they will still make. It can't hurt.