mustang pinewood derby car?

jonfor

Apr 20, 2009
Columbus, GA
last year i owned a C3 corvette, so when it came time to make my littlest son's car for cubscouts, he wanted a vette and i made one using my car as the model:

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

actual car:
S_myvette.jpg

well, as you can guess, this year we have a mustang and he wants that. anyone tried this before or have any decent ideas where to start?

my oldest son has to more or less make his own to preserve the spirit of the project and he is making a pick-up truck.

• Sponsors (?)

I just stumbled upon your post and my son just had his PWD last week. We did a 66 Fastback and a 63 Vette. I cut out the general shapes and he and I used a Dremel to carve the rest. I am glad you went with a Mustang.
He ran the Vette and took third. I ran the Fastback in the open class and didn't do nearly as well. He was happy, so I was happy. Good luck in your PWD.
DSCN4511.jpg

DSCN4512.jpg

DSCN4513.jpg

DSCN4514.jpg

DSCN4515.jpg

Funny, I just helped my son build one.

It really did not look like much of a car. Since he was supposed to do the majority of the work. I made the basic shape and sent him off with some sand paper. Guess he got distracted and did not do too much work on it.

Anyways, he got 2nd in the weablo class. I did not have a chance to buy a car, so I did not participate.

The biggest lesson I learned from making the car, is that I do not have any wood working tools.