Mustang Price(s)? Market Leveling.

• Sponsors (?)

I can tell all you stangers that I had a 257,000 mile lx 5.0 5 speed for 20 years luved it ta death.
a girl w/cellphone tapped rear, figured id get a check from ins co that would be that WRONG!!!!!!
Progressive called em next morning 8 am there they are checkin my car I aint a youngster, collected in past several times jus tole em their customer hit my car they estimated it cut me small check that was that.
Not now adays.
This sneaky snake co, stated theyd gi me 7xx or1698, I said aint givin car up or getting salvage title so gi me the 7xx got check nex day cashed it big maistake, 2 weeks later doc came steted salvage title , I screamed obscenities at progressive, cried final just got total of 1698 and cried when they towed it away.
now at 60 plus luved it so much lookin for nother .
I can tell ya they aint cheap in any condition and sold immediately around here.
I had a 100,000 mle original in 2011 it was hard to find buyer for $4,200 finally did another mistake should've kept that one
Dilema in bay area cali:fuss:

mustang 5.0.JPG

I know its going off topic but I have Agreed Value Insurance on mine so at least I wont feel ripped off if God forbid something would ever happen to it.

Me too. 25k of it. What's funny is, I'd never be able to sell it for that, but would be pis sed if i had to settle for it.

I'd say the clean, low mileage, stock/near stock original 5spd V8 5.0's are going up in value. My 90' hatch, great condition, 73k miles, 5.0, 5spd, bone stock from a one owner family cost me $4k to get it. It was an emotional hard ship sale and the kid teared up on the phone when his Uncle called him in front of me to tell him the car had just sold. $4k was a very good deal on my end IMO. People are taking interest in these cars and I get a lot of compliments and stories of how a person used to have them back in high school when I drive my 5.0 around. More and more people are finding that the $1000-$1500 P.O.S. Mustangs are more trouble than they're worth for restoring and would rather have a clean unmolested starter.

You really can't use standard insurance with these cars these days. Get into an accident and they give you $500.

If you put some cash into a fox Mustang, collector insurance, or stated value insurance really is the only way to go

Reactions: 1 users
Working on getting agreed insurance on mine with Grundy. Have the value set at 22k and its only $298 a year. Might raise the value a bit and see how much it goes up.

Clean Fox's are going up while junk ones are in the same ballpark over the past couple years. What I have noticed is there are very few wrecked or cars to part out theses days. Used to part out a few a year and I didn't come across one this year. But when I go to sell parts lately it takes awhile. Where as 5 years ago I could part out a entire car and send it to the crusher with everything sold in a week.

Working on getting agreed insurance on mine with Grundy. Have the value set at 22k and its only $298 a year. Might raise the value a bit and see how much it goes up.

Clean Fox's are going up while junk ones are in the same ballpark over the past couple years. What I have noticed is there are very few wrecked or cars to part out theses days. Used to part out a few a year and I didn't come across one this year. But when I go to sell parts lately it takes awhile. Where as 5 years ago I could part out a entire car and send it to the crusher with everything sold in a week.
Ditto on this. I funded most of my car stripping and selling parts. I haven't seen any decent roller or parts cars in my area for quite some time.

The big mustang parts gurus are buying up all the fox bodies in my area. They even contract with the impound lots to buy all mustangs for set prices. Its ridiculous. Used to have fun crawling through junk yards finding mustang treasures. Not anymore.

For about same price as a clean Fox, you can pick up a 99-04 GT. If I had $5K and was in the market for a Mustang, I wouldn't even consider a Fox anymore. I love mine, but not sure I'd ever be able to get a comparable car unless I spent a good deal of cash. And if i'm going to spend that sort of money, well i'd rather get something like a 01 Cobra or a 03 Mach 1

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Count me in as someone who probably overpaid for my car and is helping to dtive prices up but doesnt care..

I paid 9.5k for a 93 convertible 5 speed car bone stock with 27k original miles on it...i could have bought a new edge car but i had a fox in high school and wanted anothet cough midlife crisis lol

Count me in as someone who probably overpaid for my car and is helping to dtive prices up but doesnt care..

I paid 9.5k for a 93 convertible 5 speed car bone stock with 27k original miles on it...i could have bought a new edge car but i had a fox in high school and wanted anothet cough midlife crisis lol
You didn't overpay IMO. That's pretty much what the market is for such a low mileage car. Probably under spent what others have paid for "similiar" examples. That is extremely low mileage. Nice buy:nice:

I paid $6.5k for my 88 with 49k miles. It was a good deal compared to any similar ones I found on craigslist, eBay, etc. I've seen some people ask for upwards of $8k for stock foxbodies with 100k miles or so. The cheaper ones I found were usually beat up and/or stripped down.

I also saw some new edges around that price range (some with 6 digit mileage), but I wanted a fox.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk