Mustang vs Camaro.....hope it's not a repost

• Sponsors (?)

Camaro is nicer on inside than past mustangs(05-09), you must admit. The mustang interioris nice, but modern outside is not muscle, neither is 319 horsies. Once I got the girlie in the Camaro, inside will not matter.

A muscle (V8) without muscle is not a muscle car. 2010 Mustang is laughable. GT500 is nice.
Once again, real muscle car fans want HP.

Just the 426 HP and 20" wheels on camaro make it better.

The only other logic going for Ford is mustang 2010 is about 28K, while Camaro is 33k. I'll pay 5 more for muscle HP and muscle looks.

PS...I admit 2010 Mustang interior is better than past mustang, current Camaro and challenger. I forgot to mention new mustang black molding on bottom makes it look 10 feet high. So you got the painted mirrors, but lost the painted bottom.

Ford must have some kind of power over the mind's of Mustang owners. My 08 GT is my second one (01 GT vert 1st). We buy them knowing there are faster cars out there for the strangest reasons. I like the feel of the live axel versus ind rear. I like the crude feeling of the manual shifter. The Mustang (to me at least) seems like a preferred buy whereas the camaro seems like a comprimise to a corvette. Plus the Mustang has an exhaust note that can't be duplicated whereas the 6.2, although a terrific engine, has an exhaust tone similar from the trucks to the corvette. I know the camaro will outperform the Mustang but the high level of refinement in the camaro will also diminish the aftermarket for it's customers which usually like to modify "muscle cars" without spending $500.00 or more per bolt on. As long as the mustang remains significantly cheaper (5K diff GT and V8 camaro), my loyalty will stay with Ford. Just my opinion

At the current rate that GM is going, i don't know if they will be around to even produce the newest Camaro.

I was just sitting in the 2009 Mustang and the GT500 (not sure of the year). For what its worth i'm very impressed with the interior. Its not perfect, but it was way better then my old 2002 GT, wait it was 1000X times better then my 2002 GT. As far as the Camaro's interior, i say to wait until the production car is in the show rooms before making a judgment. I only wish the 2009 Mustang had 400 hp as i would have pick one up. 0% for 60 months or $4500 off. Good deals around.

times, very similar to the Mustang

NORTH HOLLYWOOD, California — GM engineers at today's official 2010 Chevrolet Camaro unveil were all too willing to provide performance numbers for their hot, new muscle car, including quarter-mile and 0-60-mph times.

Al Oppenheiser, chief engineer for GM's North American rear-wheel-drive platform and owner of a first-generation Camaro convertible, was pleased to run through his baby's accomplishments.

According to Oppenheiser, the new 300-horsepower 3.6-liter V6-equipped Camaro will run from zero to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds regardless of transmission choice. The V6 coupe will cover the quarter-mile in 14.5 seconds with an auto and 14.7 seconds with a manual, both at 97 mph. The brakes don't sound quite as impressive, though, as Oppenheiser said the base Camaro stops from 60 to zero mph in 132 feet.

Not surprisingly, the V8-equipped Camaro SS delivers better numbers across the board. Chevy's Camaro SS outfitted with the 422-hp 6.2-liter LS3 V8 six-speed manual hits 60 mph in 4.9 seconds and runs a 13.4-second quarter-mile at 108 mph according to Oppenheiser. Strangely enough, Oppenheiser also claims that the automatic-equipped SS Camaro, which is rated at 400 hp, runs from zero to 60 mph in just 4.6 seconds and through the quarter-mile in 13.3 seconds. "We optimized the shift points," he said.

Both versions of the V8 Camaro SS pull a maximum 0.90 g on the skid pad. Four-piston Brembo brakes help stop the Camaro SS in 117 feet.

What this means to you: If Chevrolet's numbers pan out, the Camaro SS will be every bit as fast as the Dodge Challenger SRT8 for a lot less money. — Kelly Toepke, News Editor

They are both great cars, I have always loved Mustangs and Camaros. My first car was a Mustang and my senior year of highschool I had a Camaro. I miss the hell out of both of those cars. I really like the styling of the older Camaros though. The 2010 Stang has my vote on looks. I am impressed by the hp of the base Camaro. That thing makes more power than my 5.7 Iroc did. All in all what would I rather have? No doubt the new Mustang.

i think the camaro is ugly on the inside... it does make me cry that their base model has as much hp as a mustang gt...:nonono:

Don't worry about the Muscle part of things. Ford has already announced/approved the V6 twin turbo EcoBoost capable of up to 415hp, for the 2010 Mustang. It may not be available in April but it's been approved for the 2010 Mustang. A larger V8 is also going to be available later. Since the V6 Camaro doesn't have much of anything interior speaking it's a no brainer. Shoot you cant even get leather seats in a V6 Camaro, not even as an option. Unless you buy the LT version you won't get much and they're running at about 24,600. Look at why Chevy is in a financial hole. It's because people are spending too much time in the shop. Ford is now up there with Honda & Toyota qualtiy speaking. Even if you choose the 4.0L V6 you'll save enough to buy the upgrades necessary to beat the Camaro. N/a or supercharged you'll have no problem getting 400HP. I've seen the parts. Man, the 2010 has been redesigned from the ground up and it's very obvious. I love the new transmission upgrade just announced as well. New tranny/torque converter, stator etc../larger rear gears, select shift 6 speed with manual mode. I can't wait to test drive this V6 EcoBoost powered Mustang. Big pwr, better mileage, the list goes on.... I love my Stang but my son may get that if I can get the V6 Convertible with the EcoBoost engine. I'm not in that much of a rush, so I'll wait

I saw the camaro at the chicago auto show. I like that the SS has brembo brakes with pistons on both sides instead of sliding calipers standard. I don't like the styling. They only had two cars on the floor so the lines were long. GM dedicated their floor space to a lot of cars nobody cared about. Once I got away from the two camaros and couple of vettes it was a ghost town for the majority of their floor space. Heard someone complaining to a chevy rep that the SS's interior was 'cheap'. Never got to see for myself.

I saw the camaro at the chicago auto show. I like that the SS has brembo brakes with pistons on both sides instead of sliding calipers standard. I don't like the styling. They only had two cars on the floor so the lines were long. GM dedicated their floor space to a lot of cars nobody cared about. Once I got away from the two camaros and couple of vettes it was a ghost town for the majority of their floor space. Heard someone complaining to a chevy rep that the SS's interior was 'cheap'. Never got to see for myself.

It was cheap, i didn't care for it at all, the seats weren't comfortable, and the gauges looked like something you would see on a powerwheel. The switches felt like they weren't going to last the weekend. Also i thought it strange that none of the fonts matched. I would think you would try to bring the interior together by making the labeling look the same for all the functions, but everything was different, almost like every piece came out of a different car. The exterior panel gaps weren't good either. GM had plenty of time to get it right. But they blew it it my opinion. I would take the mustang over the camaro Any day.

Dr.

The Ford Mustang is an automobile manufactured by the Ford Motor Company. It was initially based on the Ford Falcon, a compact car.[1] Production began in Grafton, Virginia on 9 March, 1964 and the car was introduced to the public on 17 April, 1964 at the New York World's Fair. It is Ford's oldest nameplate currently in production, although the F-Series has undergone major nameplate changes over the years (most recently to F-150).
The Chevrolet Camaro is a pony car[1] manufactured by the Chevrolet division of General Motors. It went on sale on September 29, 1966 for the 1967 model year and was designed as a competing model to the Ford Mustang. The car shared the platform and major components with the Pontiac Firebird, also introduced for 1967. Four distinct generations of the car were produced before production ended in 2002. A new fifth-generation Camaro will roll off assembly lines in spring of 2009.[2]

Haha I laugh at people that say the 2010 stang only has 315hp and can't compete. Come..........on, motor trend ran 4.8-4.9 seconds to 60 and ran the 1/4 in 13.5 or 13.2 (if I remember right) in a 2010 stang with 3.73 gears. These 2010 stangs will keep up with the SS and SRT8 challengers if not beat them. You put a better intake on, do exhaust, tune her up and guess what, the 315hp goes up to 350 and the little mustang that everyone says is to low on power still can beat these 400+ hp pigs on wheels. Thanks but I will take the 600lb lighter mustang over the competition any day, run equal or better times and get better gas mileage.

That's what I said! My '06 GT has about 350 flywheel hp and I know it can run those #s easily. The price difference makes the Mustang already better because $2000 in mods and you put that car up around 360-370 hp (390ish lbft) with 300 lbs or so less weight. And you still have $$ left over.

Plus I've had mine for 3 years. :nice: That's the best argument right there.