Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

Today is voting day for lots of local offices, so I'll need to go do that shortly.

Plus, the kids want to take me to dinner tonight. We're going to Fat Guys burgers. Greasy burgers and a good beer selection.....I think I'm going to cry again, especially since I don't have to pay for it. You have to love grown up children that actually have money because they have a job.

• Sponsors (?)

Today is voting day for lots of local offices, so I'll need to go do that shortly.

Plus, the kids want to take me to dinner tonight. We're going to Fat Guys burgers. Greasy burgers and a good beer selection.....I think I'm going to cry again, especially since I don't have to pay for it. You have to love grown up children that actually have money because they have a job.

Seeing that I have TWO kids in college, I have NO clue what the hell you are talking about here, but it sure sounds great.

Reactions: 4 users

Whatever you do,.......Don't vote for anything in in slot B.
It'll be very unpopular.

Will I be banned from voting @Noobz347 ?

1959_BanRollon+copy.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Why reroute all the brake lines?
Mainly to clean up the engine bay, I don't like the looks of the union of the lines at the right rear EB area.

Though I don't mind having exposed brake lines. Not to sound too gay, but it's adds an industrial look to an area that can be too smoothed out and shiny.

A smoothed engine bay looks really good, but to me, it shouldn't go too far in hiding things. I like what @RacEoHolic330 did with his. It looks very clean, yet tough at the same time.

Obviously I can't copy what he did with his, I don't have that kind of money (too many damn kids and a hungry wife to feed), nor time to invest in there, but I think I will have a pretty nice looking EB in the end.

I also like the idea of doing something less than conventional with the brake and fuel lines. Of course going carbureted might be considered less than conventional to most of you guys....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Mainly to clean up the engine bay, I don't like the looks of the union of the lines at the right rear EB area.

Though I don't mind having exposed brake lines. Not to sound too gay, but it's adds an industrial look to an area that can be too smoothed out and shiny.

A smoothed engine bay looks really good, but to me, it shouldn't go too far in hiding things. I like what @RacEoHolic330 did with his. It looks very clean, yet tough at the same time.

Obviously I can't copy what he did with his, I don't have that kind of money (too many damn kids and a hungry wife to feed), nor time to invest in there, but I think I will have a pretty nice looking EB in the end.

I also like the idea of doing something less than conventional with the brake and fuel lines. Of course going carbureted might be considered less than conventional to most of you guys....

You don't even know...

Once you start showing it you'll get the anti-carb statements from the casual passer by....."Why'd ya decide to go carb?" knowing all well that that is just a fishing statement to let you know that there is a derog comment lurking somewhere in that guys head.

The forum here will stand you up against the F.I. lovers wall, and commensurately shoot you full of holes. There'll be those that offer to show you how much "cheaper" it would've been just to rob a JY donor car of it's F.I. junk, and retro that onto your engine.

There will be people that go as far to say, "I loved everything about it until I got to the carb".

That old,....."how'd it ever work for 70 years," carb,.........Shame on you for using such a brick to meter your fuel and air.

You don't even know...

Once you start showing it you'll get the anti-carb statements from the casual passer by....."Why'd ya decide to go carb?" knowing all well that that is just a fishing statement to let you know that there is a derog comment lurking somewhere in that guys head.

The forum here will stand you up against the F.I. lovers wall, and commensurately shoot you full of holes. There'll be those that offer to show you how much "cheaper" it would've been just to rob a JY donor car of it's F.I. junk, and retro that onto your engine.

There will be people that go as far to say, "I loved everything about it until I got to the carb".

That old,....."how'd it ever work for 70 years," carb,.........Shame on you for using such a brick to meter your fuel and air.
I'm not even knocking those guys, I just like carburetors.

The blue car, if I can follow through with the coyote plan, will probably be FI. Maybe that will appease the ravening wolves?

I'm not even knocking those guys, I just like carburetors.

The blue car, if I can follow through with the coyote plan, will probably be FI. Maybe that will appease the ravening wolves?
Tell ya what.....Just as a token of my appreciation,....You buy it, I'll build it.
When you decide to convert/or do the blue car which ever comes first, I'll build the megasquirt kit for the engine, and load the tune.There has to be some guy here that can provide me w/ a ready made tune that'll work when you turn the key.
Then you'll have the necessary tools in your box to keep the anti-carb hate crimes against you at a minimum.

I'm actually getting close to doing something soon.

I decided since I'm putting in nice SS hard lines, it would probably be good to have a nice flare kit. I ordered one from snap on. I'll hopefully have it in a couple days.

I'm kind of limited on what I can do for now because some bonehead went and bought a second fox body. Pricing out those AN connectors ain't cheap.

Give me a month (maybe two) and I'll be doing lots.

I have to get the blue car running and safe to drive first.
Real AN fittings use a 37 degree flaring tool - I hope that's what you bought...

Ok, guess what this picture means:
image.jpg

That's right! I'm going to work on Doby for a change.

So, today I have to start with blowing all of that dust out of the interior. I'm going to finally finish seam sealing the interior.

Then I'm going to un-jumble the wiring harness. I have been meaning to face that great wire ball monster for quite some time. Since my money is limited, this would be the time to figure it out. Wheeeee!

I need to pull out the dash supports, sand them down and paint them too.

I'll post some more pictures shortly.