Build Thread My 1986 T-top Build - Lasting Memories

So I dropped off all of those parts for the pedal assembly and dash mount brackets with the powder coat shop today. I also gave them my gas tank straps.

I'm going with a medium grey close to my accent color on that stuff.

They said they'll be ready next week.

I asked about my wheels and they said it would be $75 each. Not bad to me.

• Sponsors (?)

So I dropped off all of those parts for the pedal assembly and dash mount brackets with the powder coat shop today. I also gave them my gas tank straps.

I'm going with a medium grey close to my accent color on that stuff.

They said they'll be ready next week.

I asked about my wheels and they said it would be $75 each. Not bad to me.

Remind me again what wheels we are using?

I'm still thinking of using the billet specialties street lites.
17x11 on the rear and 18x8 on the front.
You cannot use a larger front wheel diameter than the rears, especially if you are using a smaller front tire sidewall than the rear....it'll look like a bulldog.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVcnq9r589hWKPdyOvPOIPVwX-iAaCi8dIYTQAnzIEZcMOibBz.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
All good bro . A lot of banter and stuff in there . But just an average guy trying to build a halfway decent car . A lot of trial and error in that thread . Can't believe I've owned the Car that long now .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

You got nothing to worry about except your own obsessive sleep patterns. LOL

You can always tell the threads that I follow by the trail of nonsense left behind. :D

Reactions: 1 user
Here's the pedal assembly before and after powder coating. I absolutely love the color.:nice:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Can anyone tell me where I can find new bushings that are attached to the top of the brake pedal? @RacEoHolic330 ?
:nonono: tch.....

You asked Scott......

:nonono: tch.......

You mean these replacement brake pedal bushings?
RNB-74016_WF_xl.jpg

They're everywhere......Dorman 74016. Like 6-8 bucks. Autozone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
:nonono: tch.....

You asked Scott......

:nonono: tch.......

You mean these replacement brake pedal bushings?
RNB-74016_WF_xl.jpg

They're everywhere......Dorman 74016. Like 6-8 bucks. Autozone.
Nah, I've got a new set of those. They go on the clutch pedal shaft. Though I'm not sure about all of those in your picture. The clutch pedal gets two. The ones on the brake pedal are considerably smaller.

I left them on when I sent the parts to the powder coater. Some reason the plastic didn't like the oven they use there.

I asked Scott since he had done this, and maybe he put new bushings on his.

How's things for you? Things coming together? I'm looking forward to next Friday.

I think I'm learning things here. This is the top of the brake pedal, it looks like there is a shaft inside of there, doesn't it?
image.jpeg

There is. I'm not sure how I missed it when I disassembled everything.
image.jpeg

So, maybe I need to look a little longer at those bushing kits again.

I had already bought new ones for the clutch pedal, or at least I thought I did. LMR sent me a small package that I didn't open till now....the package even says clutch pedal pivot shaft bushings...what do they look like to you?
image.jpg

Nah, I've got a new set of those. They go on the clutch pedal shaft. Though I'm not sure about all of those in your picture. The clutch pedal gets two. The ones on the brake pedal are considerably smaller.

I left them on when I sent the parts to the powder coater. Some reason the plastic didn't like the oven they use there.

I asked Scott since he had done this, and maybe he put new bushings on his.

How's things for you? Things coming together? I'm looking forward to next Friday.
As am I. I'm just wondering how sweat infused primer will react to the paint......:shrug:

I'm gonna say that the car is there. I blocked everything yesterday afternoon, and the hood is "tolerable". I'm out of 2k, but I still want to shoot it a final time and hit it one more time before you get here. Tomorrow I build the partitions that'll cover the door ways. The fenders, doors, and trunk all meet my 80% of perfect rule, so they're good to go. I have a qt of that low VOC sealer I shot the body with before painting,...are you gonna seal these small pieces in that stuff first?

The only thing I haven't really messed with is the bottom of the hood. I was planning to blend the scoops into the sheet metal from underneath, but w/ very little care as to how it blends other than what I can get from the D/A.

I' was planning to back the car out tomorrow, and rinse it to get all of the hiding dust gone, then put it back in and remove the wheels. How far off the ground do you want the rockers?

First off, send me a list of exactly what PPG gave you please.

Any sealer in the order? The qt that you already have should be good enough though.

I think it would be easier if I give you a call, let me know when is good for you.

So I ended up going to Oreilly's and picked up a bushing kit. It seems as though no one makes the appropriate size for the brake pedal.

So I'm going to file two of them down to fit. So I'm going to have custom bushings! Sounds pretty killer, huh?

Maybe I can put that on a show poster for judging?:D:doh:

I'll assemble it tomorrow and post pictures.