My 67 Story.

EDIT*** i could type for days and days and days about my passion for these cars, how ive wanted one since i was 4 and have never ridden in OR driven one(even though i have owned one for almost a year now lol)
i could tell you that every time i pulled a peice off, i found two more hidden behind it that needed replacing,
what i WIll say, is that bondo, rivets, and aluminium sheeting is NOT a good way to fix these cars
(i wish someone had explained that to the previous owner)
still not a bad price at $1500 for a complete car with a spare everything almost and a clean title.

hey all,
this is my first post but ive been reading articles and threads on here for about a year now i figured id offer some things up for conversation
i have a 67 V8 car thats currently in pieces.
when i bought it i knew it was in pretty rough shape but when i got it home....(we all know where this is going...)
yeah we've all been there.
i have it gutted and over the last few months i have almost completely rebuilt all the front frame and aprons, floors, quarters. you name it, its being patched or replaced. it most certainly had one foot in the grave, i could push through most rusted out parts with a pencil....
anyways, with the hood popped it looked just like a C code 289, but when i ripped it apart, it was actually a 1980 302 with the 2bbl and air cleaner
the trans is a C5 converted to C4, the rear end is factory.

after a Restoration like this, i have no fear of what i can and cant do. (mostly* thanks to the forums)
i know im breezing past most of this but heres the plan:
im looking into doing a Fox style power rack, custom building my own cradle for it
a 90-93 EFI 302/351 (probably with some turbos)
T5Z
18X10s in the rear and 17X8 up front(bullitts)
and the eleanor body kit that i bought on my way home from tennessee with the tow truck behind me and the stang on the flatbed.
all updated interior, no rear seats, roll cage, all the goodies.
initially i was planning keeping the steering/suspension but with all this work/power i figured id be better off
going a different route, and will not be using any of the steering, suspension, rear, or driveline
anybody looking for a mostly complete I6 to V8 conversion?
itll need new bushings and stuff in the steering, bearings, the usual stuff but it is complete with the manual steering box 1 piece shaft type. (early 67)
sold the motor to someone with a very very leaky 83 f150 V8 haha (still have oil stains in my driveway from his truck.)

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

as far as offering things up for conversation,
where does TCP and fatman put the cost into their suspension/steering builds?
some of the cradles look so simple, especially if youre just doing the R&P.
i figure a few hours and some good steel, i could probably fabricate a least cradle that is equally strong if not stronger?