Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

Use a voltmeter and check the voltage on the red/green wire on the ignition coil while cranking the car. You should see battery voltage - 9.5-12 volts

Do the same thing for the red/green wire and the red/blue wire on the TFI. You should see battery voltage - 9.5-12 volts

@jrichker @hoopty5.0 @mikestang63 @TOOLOW91 and others.

Was doing voltage drop tests as @jrichker suggested and was getting a drop of 12.8 down to 8.5 and then up slightly to 9.1 as I continued to crank. I then remembered seeing electrical tape on the battery wire a long long time ago. hmmmmm :scratch: I wonder if I should check this out?
100_1478.jpg
100_1479.jpg
100_1480.jpg

Who has the funniest caption they can make about this picture? Please feel free to verbally kick me in the nuts on this one, how did I miss this?

Seriously the dumbest most hagged out POS attempt to hide/fix a problem I've personally ever seen and seriously dangerous too if It was to have just enough to actually get the car enough spark to run. FU previous owner! At least I'm 90% sure I found my culprit to my weak ass spark problem. :cheers:

Reactions: 1 users
Wow is all I have to say about previous owner. I'm really impatient with electrical wiring and chit.(hate it). But wtf were they thinking? At least you have probably found your problem. Hope it fires up for you.

Reactions: 1 user
Wow I'm glad you found it that is some hacked up hair ball . Even 17 yr old me wouldn't have done something that bad

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

@jrichker @hoopty5.0 @mikestang63 @TOOLOW91 and others.

Was doing voltage drop tests as @jrichker suggested and was getting a drop of 12.8 down to 8.5 and then up slightly to 9.1 as I continued to crank. I then remembered seeing electrical tape on the battery wire a long long time ago. hmmmmm :scratch: I wonder if I should check this out?
100_1478.jpg
100_1479.jpg
100_1480.jpg

Who has the funniest caption they can make about this picture? Please feel free to verbally kick me in the nuts on this one, how did I miss this?

Ohhh! Ohhh! Let me.

nutkick.gif

You've had the car what?.....at least over a year now? And you're just getting around to wondering if the big red wire w/ a tumor covered by black tape, held on by wire ties might have a surprise under the tape? The floor jack "bite" in the wire closer to the rear woulda been enough to cause me a little concern.

That too harsh? ;)

Reactions: 2 users
So someone jacked on the power wire and cut it in half, Dam n idiots. Lucky it didnt short out your new stuff.... hope that's the fix

I think somebody bottomed the car out on a tall speed bump or something like that to cause this much damage to it. I hope it's the fix too but I'm not certain and not holding my breath.

Ok, it's official. I made a deal with the Devil today and have an appointment to tow the Notch to get it running and dyno tuned. I am actually very much okay with the decision (at least for now) and will hopefully be rowing through the gears by mid July so long as there are no more set backs.

Reactions: 1 users
So you see it firing the injectors.

I didnt hear the fuel pump, I assume you have spark?

Where is it getting tuned? I want a pump gas tune for my pile

Fuel pump primes no problem. Issue is weak spark. Spark issue and tuning will be performed by Chad at Exhaust Solutions which is the same building as Shelly performance dyno. The guy has some sick rides at his shop. What tuning are you using again? BS3?

yea BS3 on E85 currently.

Will it start with some starting fluid?

I remember when I installed the BS3 I had a start problem turned out my fuel pump would prime but not be actively pumping during start. So in my case it would start with a shot of ether and then it was fine.

Got the fenders, front clip and hood installed. Got the car off the wheel carts and on the ground for the first time in over a year.
100_1488.jpg

Got the Redline quicklift hood struts installed too. Super easy and work awesome!
100_1487.jpg
100_1492.jpg
100_1494.jpg

Car gets picked up tomorrow at 830am and will head out to the performance shop to get it running and get dyno tuned. Hopefully everything goes well. I'll keep you posted as I find out more.

Attachments

• 100_1488.jpg
    100_1488.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: 3 users
Stopped by Exhaust Solutions and my car is still a lawn ornament :nonono: Not sure what to do except keep being patient
Dude. That's unacceptable. There HAS to be another place you can go. You're gonna wait and wait and wait and then they're gonna bend you over the table and put it in dry while they attempt to figure out what is happening and maybe the figure it out, maybe they don't. But you're still gonna get one hell of a bill.