Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

Shelley Dyno & Performance is who dyno tunes in our area. Have you talked to them? You'd need to talk to Chad, they seem to be highly recommended around here and people say good things. I can PM you his number if you don't already have it.

That's what makes me so angry about not going with my standalone from the start. The Holley has a built in boost and fan controller. I could have saved hundreds over buying separate controllers for those things.

Im still debating buying this or not. I think the heads could be sold now, and would pay for the PiMP. I think it would be a better idea to make the car tuneable first and THEN start modding the engine. Makes sense, no? I could be your guinea pig, hahaha

That's what makes me so angry about not going with my standalone from the start. The Holley has a built in boost and fan controller. I could have saved hundreds over buying separate controllers for those things.

Your build is/was so complicated it's hard to have that kind of hindsight. At least it's things you can sell for possibly a small loss. When I paint the rest of my car I will weld those holes up I drilled and respray that area. I need to slow down and plan the rest out better.

Im still debating buying this or not. I think the heads could be sold now, and would pay for the PiMP. I think it would be a better idea to make the car tuneable first and THEN start modding the engine. Makes sense, no? I could be your guinea pig, hahaha

How much are you in money wise with those heads? Are they used? I think those heads are a bird in the hand unless you think your HCI motor is either a pipe dream or just too far out to stay motivated.

From Shannon at Stinger, the guy responded to my email in exactly 1 hour, how awesome is that!!

Attached is the startup guide we supply with all purchases. You are correct that you don't need the BAP or MAF. The ECU will control fans and all it takes is a relay between the fans and ECU from a component standpoint. You also don't need any of the emissions equipment (EGR for example).

Be aware that sales ramp up substantially for this product towards the end of January and don't slow down until June so that's the time of the year with the largest shipment delays.

Shannon
www.Stinger-Performance.com

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't really think of it till Shannon mentioned it but I'm seriously considering an EGR delete. All of my other emission are gone and it would greatly declutter that area. I'm smug exempt anyway and it's just a summer cruiser. I'm open to non-tree hugging advice ;)

You can buy the plug with the resistors for $20 and then the plate for $50 ish. I found one on corral for $40 and snatched it up a few weeks ago.

Edit* the plate meaning the one that replaces the entire EGR setup and allows you to still bolt up the throttle cable

Ditch it!

I agree! I talked to Shannon again from Stinger and he had this to say about the EGR in regards to PiMP:

There is no documentation for using EGR. It's possible we could use one of the programmable outputs to trigger it but we haven't attempted to do so as nobody has had any desire to retain EGR.

Shannon,
Can I share the install instuctions with a few people from Stangnet that are interested in PiMP?

You can share it if it's shared privately and they understand it's not something we want shared publicly. The main reason for this is we've had people in the past use the wrong version of the startup guide because they found a version to download online and it caused all sorts of issues trying to support the ECU, figure out the problem, and fix it. Thanks.

Shannon
www.Stinger-Performance.com

@RangerJoe @hoopty5.0 @A5literMan

Reactions: 1 user
So away goes the EGR this weekend. Anyone know if I can just remove all the wires from the harness without issue or do I need to keep that crap hanging around in my engine bay? I don't want to cut any wires.