Progress Thread My 89 Lx Gets The Trickflow Top End Treatment Etc....etc.

Some actual progress today, after two trips to the auto parts store for vacuum hose. Trick flow mentions in the direction your gonna need some 3/8 line about a foot long. Not the case, I ended up needing 4ft because the pcv won't reach from the position it's in on the new intake. Also the hose leading from under the intake from the vacuum tree won't reach the tee on the firewall. I also needed to bend one of the branches of the vacuum tree under the intake so it would reach the fuel regulator. All in all pleased with progress this morning and feeling like I have a shot at trying to fire this thing by next weekend.

20160820_195451.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Progress again today !! Haha . Well the throttle cable bracket didn't line up with the holes on the Accufab throttle body, don't know why but I struggled with it till my back said the hell with this, so out came the step bit, problem solved. Another potential problem is the throttle body opening seems quite a bit larger than my old BBK c.a.i, I'll use it for now till another option comes along.

20160821_203807.jpg
20160821_203819.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
20160821_203737.jpg
20160821_203618.jpg
20160821_204303.jpg
Just about all the accessories and stuff are on, I tried shining up the power steering pump, bracket and A/C , the pump and the bracket were chromed awhile back when the old pump went and didn't hold up....but good enough for now. It seems a few more things to do and I can let this Pony outta the barn..... till I drop it down a little bit, get some 275 's for the rear etc etc , oh and one of those air damns, don't think I can justify the 600 bucks for a carbon fiber but maybe the one from LMR.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
Well I was hoping to have a pic of it all completed but this will have to do till Friday, when I went to install the fan shroud it just kinda looked like crap, so I ordered a new one and also the overflow from LMR. While im waiting I'll do the little things like hook up the collectors to the X pipe and make sure the new radiator is gonna fit and do something with the alternator wires. And clean up that negative battery terminal .

20160823_212407.jpg
20160822_211549.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
After almost a week of no activity I got what I was waiting for, new shroud and overflow. It looks alot better and I'm glad I got it, but it is a little flimsier compared to the factory, I guess I should of expected that.

20160826_140419.jpg

Last edited:
Installed the new SVE radiator, unfortunately new doesn't mean without problem. It fit just fine and hopefully doesnt leak but the drain is already broken, when I tightened it, it closed and then immediately stripped . Hopefully it is closed and will not be an immediate issue.

20160826_170847-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I purchased a Steeda radiator bracket but I just couldn't get it to work, it pulls the radiator so close to the support that I can't fit the wires that run back and forth there for the alternator and what have you. So back to the factory brackets and everything fit just fine.

20160827_133607.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I had replaced the fan awhile back because of cracking so I didn't wanna chuck in favor of a electric one, I may in the future but I'm happy with how the new stuff came together .

20160827_133231.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Oh and for the first time in almost two months I was able to close the hood, that made me happy, I don't know why ? I know it seems weird but in a strange way it seemed like a accomplishment
20160827_133911.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Why have you not started it yet???
Sorry but it's not happening today, battery is dead...of course, I'm charging to see if it takes. Also I forgot to grab my buddies timing light...doh, and since I couldn't get the existing exhaust to cooperate with the header collector I started pulling it off to install the BBK x pipe, I was gonna hold off till a later time but it seems now is the time. Sorry guys looks like tomorrow is the best I can do.

Reactions: 1 users