Progress Thread My 89 Lx Gets The Trickflow Top End Treatment Etc....etc.

• Sponsors (?)

Just when you think you're done, it's time to pull the exhaust off.....
20160828_174707.jpg
20160828_174618-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Do yourself a favor and move that jack stand to under the kmember right behind the control arm. Will make for a more stable (and safer) setup and won't crush the wimpy factory frame rail.

Reactions: 1 users
Do yourself a favor and move that jack stand to under the kmember right behind the control arm. Will make for a more stable (and safer) setup and won't crush the wimpy factory frame rail.
Yea I got more than one under there, actually that one aint even making contact, it's one of them just in case things,and the jack.;)

So now you got the 275 meats to hook up out back and the power of Trick Flow up front and now you need to connect the two with one of the least expensive but biggest bang for your buck mods, MM SFC's!!!!! Git'r done!

Nice progress bro!

Reactions: 3 users
:rlaugh:
So now you got the 275 meats to hook up out back and the power of Trick Flow up front and now you need to connect the two with one of the least expensive but biggest bang for your buck mods, MM SFC's!!!!! Git'r done!

Nice progress bro!
I hear ya, got a buddy who's gonna do it but his shop is real busy right now and I don't want him rushing it. I won't twist it up before he gets to it haha:cool:

Reactions: 5 users
Looks like another delay, I managed to get the X pipe in, it wasn't so bad but I'm concerned about the joint between mufflers and x pipe, it has a really small flare on the mufflers but a huge one on the X , concerned it's gonna leak but I'll just have to wait and see, second problem is the stupid battery won't hold a charge and now is leaking, so tomorrow I'll get a new one and see if this journey is finally coming to an end.
20160829_203008.jpg

Your right it is in pretty good shape, I'll keep it around for as long as I can stand it taking up space haha
These cars are nearly classics in their own right. They're already getting to the age that some need restoration, and factory parts have long been discontinued. You can just about built a factory-correct 1965-70 Mustang with only aftermarket parts, however, such is not yet the case for foxes. Until it is, it might be a good idea to start stockpiling any stock parts you come across. :)

Looks like another delay, I managed to get the X pipe in, it wasn't so bad but I'm concerned about the joint between mufflers and x pipe, it has a really small flare on the mufflers but a huge one on the X , concerned it's gonna leak but I'll just have to wait and see, second problem is the stupid battery won't hold a charge and now is leaking, so tomorrow I'll get a new one and see if this journey is finally coming to an end.
20160829_203008.jpg
When you get the new battery in just take the car to an exhaust shop. For about $20 they'll get your exhaust lined up right. An exhaust shop had to shorten most of my hangers on my mid pipe and tails to get everything tucked up high and all ball sockets sealed up. They can do it way better and quicker on their lift than you will on your back.

you can also get some copper muffler gaskets that wil help seal up that joint, but I agree- on a rack it is much easier to align then up. Worse case scenario is they take off the H pipe and work the end in a machine to make it fit better with the muffler side.

Car is looking great. And as far as the jack stands, I also use "backup stands" just in case one fails. I do not want to ever have a car come down on me. Can't wait to hear a video of this thing running.

Reactions: 1 user