My Diy Fi Intake Takes Shape.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey, I'll have you know that I'm a live and let live kind a guy. If Noobz wants to share his boy toy pics w/ the rest of us, more power to him. Now while not for me personally, what he and his man does w/ that horn is his business.

As far as that intake inflating at 18 psi, It'd be some weak ass steel if it did. Now,..if I was forcing double that into it,...then I might be worried.

As for the buzzing,..i could totally see how that could happen. There would be enough flexibility in the sheetmetal to move in/out enough have some harmonic effect at idle.

Well,...there was enough flexibility.
fe5s.jpg

but then I welded these tubes between the top and bottom.

I call this pic "Bender's Colonoscopy"

It will be interesting to see how the internal aerodynamics of this work out. Swirls and eddies you don't need, but a smooth even flow to each runner is what you are looking for.

Plenum design is far less critical with a boosted application. So long as the runners have equal port dimensions and lengths I would expect it to work well.

Mike, your project, your money. But it would be cool if you could have it flowed before installing it.

Joe
It's a flow or no go from this point Joe,...If the motor is way down on power, and takes a buttload of boost to make any power, I'd consider it. But for now that bitch is going on there.

Completion pics when I get Nicks fuel rail by Friday,..( Now sporting RD's fins)

Reactions: 2 users