My Dyno Results...

kdryan

Feb 2, 2000
Fort Wayne, In
Went to Brenspeed, which is about 30 miles from my house here in Fort Wayne and had them put my girl up on their dyno for a baseline before I do any mods. Car is a 2013 GT with an automatic and running 87 octane. Absolutely no mods to it except the Motegi rims. It came back with 317 to the wheels and around 390-400 at the flywheel. The op said if I switched to premium fuel I would probably be at the Ford-stated 420. I filled up with 93 octane and it seemed to run much better. Apparently there is a governor on these things I didn't know about that limits them to 145 mph...

Video of my run:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HhRhEqn48

317 to the wheels? I thought 370-390 was normal. They claim their car only got 350.

Do I claim bull:poo: at this point or what?

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I would expect you should be getting 340 torque, 360hp at the wheels. Maybe there is some calibration error in their setup and maybe the fuel has a very slight impact. Every car can't be exactly the same as stated in the specs, so maybe your car legitimately has less power for some reason. I think the largest factor is probably the automatic transmission. Regardless, I can't see losing 80 units between the engine and wheels.

Did you turn all traction control off? The cars seem to be a bit more "lively" with AdvanceTrac turned off. As a scientist, I would be curious to see you and another stock car of the same year and setup do some pulls and compare results.

Hmm- governor on the dyno or car? I had my '11 GT up over 150mph when it was stock...racing a newer SS Camaro. He was not happy to be on the losing end of a Ford/GM battle.

I don't know about the TCS. Supposedly governor on the car.

I am curious; if there is a governor on the car is the reading even valid? If your power is being limited, how can the outcome be accurate?

Reactions: 1 user
Peak horsepower and torque are usually found in the main drive gears like 2nd, 3rd, or 4th. I don't believe you have to be in 6th gear/overdrive/going top speed to get an accurate power band curve. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I know I went over 145 stock...so unless this changed from '11 to '13, I think you are getting some bad information. If you want to find out, open her up on a quiet/empty interstate and see if she shuts down at 145.

The governor is set at 147 actual. I have tested this several times. The speedo on the dash is slightly optimistic and the needle is so think it is hard t discern clearly. Tough thing with dyon on auto is there is no 1:1 gear to test it in. That can affect the results.