My finger f&!@ing hurts.

• Sponsors (?)

StangDreamin' said:
Ahhhhhhhh, the sounds of Leghumper jealousy :D :D :D
What can I say? :shrug: We're still newlyweds after 21-1/2 years :nice:
You're one of two married men I've ever heard say anything like that. I have 2 friends from high school who are not married and or don't have kids..one is my room mate and the other is gay. Of all of my friends who are married (male ones anyhow...women are a different species) only 1 is glad he got married. That's not to say they are "unhappily married" just they wouldn't do it again if they had it to do over again.

Henve my lack of any desire to get married.

skywalker said:
You're one of two married men I've ever heard say anything like that. I have 2 friends from high school who are not married and or don't have kids..one is my room mate and the other is gay. Of all of my friends who are married (male ones anyhow...women are a different species) only 1 is glad he got married. That's not to say they are "unhappily married" just they wouldn't do it again if they had it to do over again.

Henve my lack of any desire to get married.

Oh don't get me wrong.....if Mrs StDr were to ever dump me for some rich surgeon-type that she respected (For her, that would be a reach in and of itself!); I'd not re-marry, either. Took me too d**n long to find somebody that would put up with me the way I am - I wouldn't go through that crap again! I think I'd either try to be some bachelor-playboy type; or live as a hermit in a cave somewhere under the Mogollon Rim in north-central AZ. As I grow older (but not grow up); I'm leaning more towards the "hermit" plan. It's just easier!

But for now and the forseeable future:
65fastback2+2 said:
just how it should be
You got that right! Even if she says I can't have the '67 (or a Harley) just yet. :(

EDIT:
65stanger said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangDreamin'
.......what's a "Magnificent Pagan God"?

Me!
Hey! Pass me back that bag of Doritos! "Side-effect-of-chemo-inhibitor" my a$$!

StangDreamin' said:
Oh don't get me wrong.....if Mrs StDr were to ever dump me for some rich surgeon-type that she respected (For her, that would be a reach in and of itself!); I'd not re-marry, either. Took me too d**n long to find somebody that would put up with me the way I am - I wouldn't go through that crap again! I think I'd either try to be some bachelor-playboy type; or live as a hermit in a cave somewhere under the Mogollon Rim in north-central AZ. As I grow older (but not grow up); I'm leaning more towards the "hermit" plan. It's just easier!

I'm going for playboy type right now, and if you guys don't shoot me 2 minutes before I turn 40, at that point I'll do the hermit thing. No marriage, no way. Sides, I can't find a woman who can tolerate me for longer than a couple months, so one who will tolerate me on a permanent basis...haha she doesn't exist.

StangDreamin' said:
Even if she says I can't have the '67 (or a Harley) just yet. :(

Yet another reason not to get married.

skywalker said:
I'm going for playboy type right now, and if you guys don't shoot me 2 minutes before I turn 40, at that point I'll do the hermit thing. No marriage, no way. Sides, I can't find a woman who can tolerate me for longer than a couple months, so one who will tolerate me on a permanent basis...haha she doesn't exist.

Yeah, I was saying that 24 years ago, too. I was 2 years your junior (I think, you're 21, right?) That certainly changed! :p

StangDreamin' said:
Yeah, I was saying that 24 years ago, too. I was 2 years your junior (I think, you're 21, right?) That certainly changed! :p

Glad you changed. I used to want to finish college, settle down and be done with it. Then I saw how completely unhappy all my friends were...and well I changed my way of thinking on marriage real quick.

StangDreamin' said:
I think I'll be a hermit in a cave somewhere under the Mogollon Rim in north-central AZ.
This I can see you doing!:lol:

StangDreamin' said:
Hey! Pass me back that bag of Doritos! "Side-effect-of-chemo-inhibitor" my a$$!
Remember what happened the last time someone put their hand in front of my mouth while I was feeding??? Or do you really want the new nickname of STUMPY??? :shrug:

65stanger said:
This I can see you doing!:lol:
You laugh, but it's a very inviting thought. Ditch the pager and the cellphone(s) (yeah, I carry two phones - my own and one for work to go with the pager); pack up about 20 pairs of Wranglers and three pair of good boots. The Smith&Wesson, the Winchester, 500 rounds of .44 Mag (feed the Smith), 500 rds .45-70 (feed the lever gun); about 10 good books; pack up some lightweight Ham gear and a solar panel - in case I really want to talk to somebody. Find myself some solid hole-in-the-wall under The Rim and take up residence. There aren't any Grizzly up there; so I'd have to become Gray Wolf Allen :rolleyes: Only wander into town when I need more ammo or whiskey :nice:

Remember what happened the last time someone put their hand in front of my mouth while I was feeding??? Or do you really want the new nickname of STUMPY??? :shrug:
That's why I said "pass me back that bag of Doritos!" I know better than to get between food and you when you've got the munchies :eek: