Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

@90sickfox @bird_dog0347
What size front IRS subframe bolts did you guys use? 14mm or 9/16"? I'm a dipsh*t and used 12mm thinking they were 14mm. If you're wondering if I have a clunk between shifts you'd be correct.
The bolts at the front are the same as fox lower control arm bolts. Believe they are 9/16 on mine.
Edit; or are you talking a bit the front two bolts on the center section ?

Before anyone gets a divorce I'd highly recommend both husband and wife read the five love languages by Gary Chapman. It's wonderful stuff about relationships and isn't necessarily very intuitive information. Wife and I have always had a great relationship, however after we each read it on our 10 year anniversary trip to Puerto Rico our relationship is much better and stronger than before.

Reactions: 1 users
Before anyone gets a divorce I'd highly recommend both husband and wife read the five love languages by Gary Chapman. It's wonderful stuff about relationships and isn't necessarily very intuitive information. Wife and I have always had a great relationship, however after we each read it on our 10 year anniversary trip to Puerto Rico our relationship is much better and stronger than before.
Maybe....just maybe, it was the trip to Puerto Rico. [emoji14]

Reactions: 1 users
Can we just sit down and watch Fireproof? I'll have to check out this book, my marriage is worth saving IMO, I just need to get her on that same page.

Reactions: 4 users
The bolts at the front are the same as fox lower control arm bolts. Believe they are 9/16 on mine.
Edit; or are you talking a bit the front two bolts on the center section ?
Talking about the front part of the subframe that bolts into the torque box. I think I reused the stock Fox bolts but I just measured one of them and they're 12mm :doh:

My wife keeps watching that old movie "The Burning Bed", should I be worried?

I'm no expert on IRS. But ... I did stay at a ... oh nevermind, I did read the instructions to install SVE control arms on my car. Seems that on a Fox, the bolts are 12mm and on 99+ SN95 they are 14mm. You might need to do something to make them 99+ sized. Control arms come with multiple bushings to deal with the discrepancy. Maybe an option also?

From LMR website:
Installation Note

- Bushings must be fully coated in the proper lubricant before installing the control arms.
- Upper 12mm Bolts should be torqued to 60 lb-ft (79-04)
- Lower 12mm bolts should be torqued to 60 lb-ft (79-98)
- Lower 14mm bolts should be torqued to 90 lb-ft (99-04)

If that were the case....drilling through torque box holes would be easier. I tackled the bolt issue so long ago. My IRS has been through a couple cars with me now. I used the bolts I had from the other car....this car I didn't drill and the bolts work without issue.....I don't think I sleeved the front bushings.

So I finally got around to upgrading my 99' IRS cross brace for a Terminator piece and the difference is huge. No more clunks between shifts.
IMG_0764.JPG

My tails were dirty so I polished them up while they were out
IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

All cleaned up and back on the road. I still hear and occasional clunk and upon inspection I am pretty sure my DS will need to be shortened an inch. @90sickfox , ever had to do this? I think it only happens to the occasional person.

Reactions: 5 users
Just found out a small fault with having Hagerty however it's not earth shattering or anything. The weather up here in the PNW is pretty much crappy most of the time at the moment. Sometimes we have a nice dry sunny but chilly Fall but that's not the case this year. So it's time to store the car which normally means I drop the insurance to comprehensive only and then increase it back to full coverage sometime in the Spring when weather permits. Hagerty does not have a "storage" option where you can temporarily reduce coverage during Winter. Once you reduce the coverage with them you have to leave it there until your policy renews. If you choose to cancel the insurance you have to go through the entire underwriting process all over and you'd have no "agreed value" coverage on your vehicle.

This pretty much sucks IMO. Even though my car is about to be reduced to pieces I still want the car covered. Wait, on second thought, reducing my car to pieces might violate my policy. I need to check into that. I'll report back.

Guys I need some information about a KB blower. There is one for sale locally for less that $800 which is rare in my parts that a blower surfaces for sale. What do I look for when I see it? Besides fuel parts what should come with a Kenne Bell kit? What size pulley? He says it's a 1.5 liter blower, has intake, throttle body, pulley and an ECM with custom tune for a 302 engine that comes as a package.

I hear these KB blowers have excellent torque but........are they worth anything? I could either install it on my stock engine or my HCI engine. I can also tune it with my PiMP. Thoughts guys!!!