Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

At 9psi with my little side mount m90 blower I make 380ftlbs from 2200-3200rpm drops off after that, but I have more than 350 ft lbs until 4k....
So what does the SOTP say? Fun? Worth it? If it checks out for $800 or less what could I really complain about?

edit: as long as it's in good working order

@Noobz347 i believe you now a thing or two about these, right?

• Sponsors (?)

That's at the rear tires. Car is explosive thru the midrange, makes for a very fun streetcar
Thoughts? He's willing to take less than $800 for this and all parts for the kit are present plus a 70mm TB and ECU allegedly already tuned for a KB SC'd 302. Those parts I could sell to recoup money. I don't know much about these SC's but here they're fun on the street so long as you control the heat produced by the SC.
IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0950.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
Thoughts? He's willing to take less than $800 for this and all parts for the kit are present plus a 70mm TB and ECU allegedly already tuned for a KB SC'd 302. Those parts I could sell to recoup money. I don't know much about these SC's but here they're fun on the street so long as you control the heat produced by the SC.
IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG
IMG_0949.JPG
IMG_0950.JPG
I'd buy it.. lol.. I wonder if they are like Vortech- as in where you can contact them with the serial number and find out the age,and if any warranty repairs/repairs in general have been made. And what replacement parts are available,
@84Ttop may be able to offer some words of wisdom on it

I'd call Kenne Bell with the Serial # and ask how much it is to rebuild them first. I've seen good used ones when they are available fo for $2500 to $3000.

does this come with all the brackets, pulleys, etc? Fromwhat I remember you also will have to get custom A/C lines made if you install this on a fox body with A/C.

This pretty much sucks IMO. Even though my car is about to be reduced to pieces I still want the car covered. Wait, on second thought, reducing my car to pieces might violate my policy. I need to check into that. I'll report back.

Pretty sure they have policies for vehicles under restoration, but it's a new policy altogether I believe.

My policy with them costs me $300/year. Not even sure it's worth dropping coverage for that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
I'd put it on and run it. If there's no back and forth play on the snout pulley, I'd run it.

Spinning them tells you almost nothing. The screws will clank together as you spin it by hand without an air charge to keep them separated.

It looks like it's a Blowzilla but I can't be sure. There were two kits without the internal (so to speak) bypass valve. One was a 1.7/8 liter and the other was the Blowzilla which was 2.2 Liter.

It looks like you have the Blowzilla and there are some parts missing for the by-pass valve including the tubing and connectors.

TheFlowzilla had a larger inlet and the the internal by-pass was located here between the two manifolds:

upload_2016-10-24_19-46-50.png

The 1.7/1.8 liter kits had no bypass at all.

I'd put it on and run it. If there's no back and forth play on the snout pulley, I'd run it.

Spinning them tells you almost nothing. The screws will clank together as you spin it by hand without an air charge to keep them separated.

It looks like it's a Blowzilla but I can't be sure. There were two kits without the internal (so to speak) bypass valve. One was a 1.7/8 liter and the other was the Blowzilla which was 2.2 Liter.

It looks like you have the Blowzilla and there are some parts missing for the by-pass valve including the tubing and connectors.

TheFlowzilla had a larger inlet and the the internal by-pass was located here between the two manifolds:

upload_2016-10-24_19-46-50.png

The 1.7/1.8 liter kits had no bypass at all.

Thanks for that info. He's told me it's a 1.5L and it does come with the snout plate, 30lb injectors (which may be too small), throttle body, and an ECM already tuned for a KB sc'd 302.

@a91what Not sure which intake but If I had to switch to an explorer lower that'd be ok.

Anyone know if this KB supercharger will fit with a stock hood?

Thanks for that info. He's told me it's a 1.5L and it does come with the snout plate, 30lb injectors (which may be too small), throttle body, and an ECM already tuned for a KB sc'd 302.

@a91what Not sure which intake but If I had to switch to an explorer lower that'd be ok.

Anyone know if this KB supercharger will fit with a stock hood?

That one should fit under the hoof, no problem. Those 30 # injectors will be plenty.

I didn't see a description on what you're putting it on but hopefully it's not an HCI car. It'll be a TON of fun on the street. hehe

That one should fit under the hoof, no problem. Those 30 # injectors will be plenty.

I didn't see a description on what you're putting it on but hopefully it's not an HCI car. It'll be a TON of fun on the street. hehe
My intention is to install the KB 1.5L on my bone stock 302 engine already in my car and I'd sell my HCI motor and T5 trans that I have sitting under my work bench. Would I benefit from any other mods with the stock engine and KB?

My intention is to install the KB 1.5L on my bone stock 302 engine already in my car and I'd sell my HCI motor and T5 trans that I have sitting under my work bench. Would I benefit from any other mods with the stock engine and KB?

What heads are you getting rid of? I they are Holley, or AFR, use them. If TFS TW, they will cause you an issue with the blower install. Not a HUGE issue, bu the snout bracket would need to be slotted to allow the bracket to sit 3/8" higher.

If you use stock heads that fine but pull them and replace the gaskets with the best OEM style gaskets you can get your hands on.

And then there's the cam.... A better cam to make better use of heads...blah blah blah --Don't change the cam for the blower. The heads alone will begin to make that little blower a bit anemic by virtue of valve size alone, not to mention...more blah here that you already know.

How are you tuning this thing and what do have for a fuel system other than 30# injectors?

Larger heads BTW will probably drop the boost from that SC by 1 or2 lbs. Do not be at all concerned by this hahaha... (seriously) because that wide open head for that blower discharge air to run into?... Greatly reduces discharge temps from this non-intercooled, mini-monster.

Be gentle to third. :O_o: Roll on the throttle. heh

My HCI engine has ported Eddy performer heads, TFS 2 cam, performer intake, 30# injectors, microsquirt tuning and I'll get a GSS340 fuel pump. I might actually prefer an explorer top end with a stock cam and then the KB over it.

You want a pic of my dyno sheet? given mine is an Eaton but both have similar displacement. (1.5l)

Parts list is pretty mild
Gt40 heads
Shorty headers
E303 cam
Stock bottom end with hyper pistons
Only difference is I run an single plane intake drilled for injectors.

IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
IMG_0954.JPG
IMG_0953.JPG
IMG_0956.JPG
It's mine now! Paid $700. Came with a Kenne Bell programmed ECU, BBK throttle body, rebuilt 30# injectors, fuel rail with adj FPR, KB cold air intake and a MAF. Does anyone recognize the brand of the MAF? The blower was inspected and oil changed from a local shop so it's ready to go. Came with an extra smaller pulley but I won't be using it for now.

Reactions: 10 users