Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Picked up a never been used spare from an 01' Cobra. A little bit bigger overall but fits like a glove.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

@Davedacarpainter
How long before removing masking tape after painting do you prefer?
Depends if you had a booth. If you mean a home paint, wait till the paint is tack free on the paper. Meaning it doesn't stick to your finger.

You just want to be sure your removing of the paper doesn't allow dirt to fall on the new paint and stick.

Timing depends on the line of paint you're using. Could be a few minutes, could be a half hour. Just be sure it doesn't still stick when you put a finger in the paint you over sprayed on your paper.

The longer, the better though.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends if you had a booth. If you mean a home paint, wait till the paint is tack free on the paper. Meaning it doesn't stick to your finger.

You just want to be sure your removing of the paper doesn't allow dirt to fall on the new paint and stick.

Timing depends on the line of paint you're using. Could be a few minutes, could be a half hour. Just be sure it doesn't still stick when you put a finger in the paint you over sprayed on your paper.

The longer, the better though.
Thanks bro! I waited an hour before removing the tape and everything peeled away perfectly. I'm just doing some painting in the garage, nothing fancy.

Reactions: 1 user
So, I've been busy the last week. What do you guys think? @RaggedGT thanks for your patience, here you go!
Got some brand new Vision Torque 143 wheels, 18x8.5 with +20 front, +32 rear
IMG_0519.JPG

At first I started out wet sanding them, screw that! Sand blasting time!
IMG_0520.JPG

After sand blast.....
IMG_0521.JPG

Cleaned up, degreased and ready to shoot.....
IMG_0525.JPG

You can see below where I was testing my spray patterns on the cardboard box
IMG_0527.JPG

Finished product. The center caps are not pictured....
IMG_0531.JPG

Reactions: 2 users