Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

• Sponsors (?)

@TOOLOW91 @MikeH686
i just got my contour fan from Summit and i have no pre-made harness that pkugs in to the fan connection. I see various ways to wire this fan setup however I am not going to use the resistor for low speed, only high. For the fan terminals, which is positive and which is negative?
I'd have to look . I orderd 2 plugs for the resistor from Amazon , they are the same as the fan motor plugs . Both green with one with a white tracer one with a blue .

Blue tracer was ground white was power if I am not mistaken to make them puller fans like they should be .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

All done (for now) and ready to roll.
*new 3G alternator
*new dual electric contour fans
*FAL 31165 fan controller
*FoMo Co aluminum radiator
*Redline quick lift hood struts
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
I'd have to look . I orderd 2 plugs for the resistor from Amazon , they are the same as the fan motor plugs . Both green with one with a white tracer one with a blue .

Blue tracer was ground white was power if I am not mistaken to make them puller fans like they should be .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

smaller wire is ground and fatter is + for the fan to pull, reverse that for it to push.

hmmmm.. the factory connector wires on the dual contour/cougar fans i've always used from the jy have a fat 10g green and thin 14g black wire.
7c5f85ca55a553416c589449d9c7d07f.jpg

Used this . It's a standard product replacement plug . I had bought mine new (dorman) so didn't have connectors .

Looks Great!! Guess you have the same garage kid stuff infestations I use to have, but enjoy them while they're young, doesnt last long...
At first I was slightly bothered by it, mostly because they'd just drop their bike next to my car. After a couple close calls and some angry finger wags at them they have figured it out. I don't mind them taking up the space anymore so long as it's all being used and not collecting dust. My 7 y/o son and twin 3 y/o daughters are a blast. Best time ever :) However the best time ever is about to get down graded a little very soon. About to go through what @mikestang63 and @A5literMan I believe has gone through recently. :notnice:

At first I was slightly bothered by it, mostly because they'd just drop their bike next to my car. After a couple close calls and some angry finger wags at them they have figured it out. I don't mind them taking up the space anymore so long as it's all being used and not collecting dust. My 7 y/o son and twin 3 y/o daughters are a blast. Best time ever :) However the best time ever is about to get down graded a little very soon. About to go through what @mikestang63 and @A5literMan I believe has gone through recently. :notnice:

Oh that sucks bother. Very sorry to hear.

Very unfortunate. Sorry to hear it brother. Hang in there. If it happens just remember to put the kids first(which I don't think you'll have a problem doing). You're always going to be their father and you're always going to be connected to the "ex" through them. Try to be as amicable as you can and if it's over(you really will "know" if you listen to yourself) don't get caught up in prolonging the agony. Also don't get caught up in fighting over the little things. Dragging chit out between lawyers just adds to the overall financial and emotional costs. Once it's over(finalized) always remember to keep track of EVERYTHING you ever spend i.e. child support payments,Doctor bills,etc. Always keep the receipts FOREVER. Again sorry to hear it. Divorces suck for everyone involved. Best of luck.

Reactions: 2 users