Progress Thread My Kenne Bell Twin Screw'd Foxbody thread, (new addition to the family)

At first I was slightly bothered by it, mostly because they'd just drop their bike next to my car. After a couple close calls and some angry finger wags at them they have figured it out. I don't mind them taking up the space anymore so long as it's all being used and not collecting dust. My 7 y/o son and twin 3 y/o daughters are a blast. Best time ever :) However the best time ever is about to get down graded a little very soon. About to go through what @mikestang63 and @A5literMan I believe has gone through recently. :notnice:
That sucks brother, but you'll make it through it. On your part, keep the kids clueless to any problem you might have with there mom. Let them grow up without that sht infesting their little minds. No matter if she decides to lay every problem on you in front of the kids. They do understand when they get older.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Very unfortunate. Sorry to hear it brother. Hang in there. If it happens just remember to put the kids first(which I don't think you'll have a problem doing). You're always going to be their father and you're always going to be connected to the "ex" through them. Try to be as amicable as you can and if it's over(you really will "know" if you listen to yourself) don't get caught up in prolonging the agony. Also don't get caught up in fighting over the little things. Dragging chit out between lawyers just adds to the overall financial and emotional costs. Once it's over(finalized) always remember to keep track of EVERYTHING you ever spend i.e. child support payments,Doctor bills,etc. Always keep the receipts FOREVER. Again sorry to hear it. Divorces suck for everyone involved. Best of luck.
Thanks bro, the advice from people with this kind of unfortunate experience is very welcome and invited.

That sucks brother, but you'll make it through it. On your part, keep the kids clueless to any problem you might have with there mom. Let them grow up without that sht infesting their little minds. No matter if she decides to lay every problem on you in front of the kids. They do understand when they get older.
If we didn't have kids then this event would likely be good news. Since my life revolves around my kids it makes it extremely difficult thinking about a single night without them. This is going to drive me nuts but I'll dive into some projects around the house and most likely the Mustang is going to become victim of a welder and SR panels come this winter to keep my mind off things.

Thanks for the advice.

Reactions: 1 user
If we didn't have kids then this event would likely be good news. Since my life revolves around my kids it makes it extremely difficult thinking about a single night without them. This is going to drive me nuts but I'll dive into some projects around the house and most likely the Mustang is going to become victim of a welder and SR panels come this winter to keep my mind off things.

Thanks for the advice.
Keep your head up man !!

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Thanks for the advice.
It's hard for awhile and takes time to adjust. You'll notice weird little things that were on the "pay no mind" list before. But it gets better and in my case made me a better parent. I valued my time with them beyond any other thing in the world(including favorite pastimes,even friends-if they didn't understand then f them-they weren't really your friend). That also included dating for awhile. Everyone has their coping mechanism. My advise is just try to have a positive one. Many of my friends over the years started drinking heavily and/or chasing tail. Not saying a few drinks occasionally don't help lol, but more than a few of these guys ended up in a worse situation. Usually difficulties with their children. When the kids are young I feel/saw it to be especially true. Just my observations. To echo dave's advise don't bad mouth the mom no matter what. Always try to "think" before you speak about a situation. Children pick up a lot more than we think. I won't clutter your thread up with this stuff anymore. If you want/need anything just pm me. Take it easy.

It's hard for awhile and takes time to adjust. You'll notice weird little things that were on the "pay no mind" list before. But it gets better and in my case made me a better parent. I valued my time with them beyond any other thing in the world(including favorite pastimes,even friends-if they didn't understand then f them-they weren't really your friend). That also included dating for awhile. Everyone has their coping mechanism. My advise is just try to have a positive one. Many of my friends over the years started drinking heavily and/or chasing tail. Not saying a few drinks occasionally don't help lol, but more than a few of these guys ended up in a worse situation. Usually difficulties with their children. When the kids are young I feel/saw it to be especially true. Just my observations. To echo dave's advise don't bad mouth the mom no matter what. Always try to "think" before you speak about a situation. Children pick up a lot more than we think. I won't clutter your thread up with this stuff anymore. If you want/need anything just pm me. Take it easy.
Thanks bro and I'll likely hit you up via PM when things get tough.

In other news my car did great on the way to work, charging system is going well and car is staying much cooler than before. This morning before work I ended up doing a Jeff mod ( @TOOLOW91 ) and used a vitamin water bottle as a coolant overflow tank :nice:

Reactions: 2 users
hey man, sorry to hear that.. Been 15 years for me.. Remember this.. Whatever happens will happen never look back, and do what is right for you and your kids- period. There is a right way and a wrong way to do this. Do it the wrong way and you will end up figuratively and literally paying paying for this for years. Trust me when I say, if a woman plans these things and by the time she tells you, she already has a lawyer and a game plan. You need to as well.

take this for what it's worth- I won custody of both my kids when they were 6 &3. and then raised them with zero help from the ex. My kids were/are the world to me and NO ONE was going to raise them except me. Now my youngest just graduated high school and off to college.As much as this sounds like a dick, being "nice" will get you rolled over. You need to protect your rights as a parent. I can tell you how 90% of this will go down.

Feel free to pm me and I'll give you my $50,000 lawyer's fee lessons for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
At first I was slightly bothered by it, mostly because they'd just drop their bike next to my car. After a couple close calls and some angry finger wags at them they have figured it out. I don't mind them taking up the space anymore so long as it's all being used and not collecting dust. My 7 y/o son and twin 3 y/o daughters are a blast. Best time ever :) However the best time ever is about to get down graded a little very soon. About to go through what @mikestang63 and @A5literMan I believe has gone through recently. :notnice:
I'm very sorry to hear about this, especially when kids are involved. I haven't gone through this but you are receiving great advice on this. Keep your head up as best you can. I wish you luck and hope things look up for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I haven't read through this entire post because that's way too much to read, but I did see you were trying to find a tail pipe setup to go with the IRS. I saw this pic yesterday and thought it was sexy as hell! Just an idea...
14102213_10154448702479844_7094889489294903072_n.jpg

Hey man, I'm sorry to hear this. My divorce was finalized in May, and it has been a long two years coming. You already have the right mind set focusing on your children. My daughter is only 2 so I am lucky that she only knows a life in which mom and dad dont live together. Get a good lawyer, protect yourself and your finances, and focus on what's really worth fighting for. Surround yourself with good friends and family who support you to make the right decisions even when they may be difficult. Luis CK said it best, "no good marriage ever ends in divorce." That was my mantra getting through it. Oh and some good tunes and Johnny Walker also helped a lot. It was the best decision I ever made, and seeing through to the end has improved my life in ways I am still learning about. Good luck, and hang in there.

I haven't read through this entire post because that's way too much to read, but I did see you were trying to find a tail pipe setup to go with the IRS. I saw this pic yesterday and thought it was sexy as hell! Just an idea...
14102213_10154448702479844_7094889489294903072_n.jpg
Thanks for the thought and I don't blame you for not reading this thread in it's entirety. Scotts (raceoholic) exhaust is a two piece tail pipe where the SS tips are clamped to the tail pipe (which he later modified and welded). He could get away with that since his car is a GT with a cobra rear bumper that hides the clamp from the side view. Since my car is an LX it was very important to me to have a seamless tail pipe where you don't see a welded SS tip nor a clamp. Another guy on this forum recommended VRS out of Florida and I ended up ordering through them. They had a good price, quick turn around and I was fairly pleased with the results and now I have what looks as close to normal aftermarket LX tails on my car with the IRS.
img_0555-jpg.561495.jpg

IMG_0656.JPG

wow that looks awesome man! Makes me want to do an IRS conversion just so i can run some pipes like that lol. Do you ever have any issues with scraping?
I've been in and out of a few driveways and parking lots with speed bumps and so far I haven't scraped. My car actually sits higher than it looks. I borrowed a fender rolling tool from a fellow stangnet'er to keep my rear wheels from rubbing. I can corner pretty hard without contact thanks to a little extra help from added negative camber out back.

Last year I was mid-divorce... the wife decided she wanted out and was done. Well, she moved out, filed, etc. and after about 4-5 months away she called and was truly upset and admitted she'd made a mistake and wanted to work it out... At that point I had nothing left to lose so sure, let's try it! Man... it's been a really good year so far, and we are doing great. There will always be ups and downs but just don't make any decisions while emotional and you'll be ok. If it comes down to divorce and it's really over then ok, you'll be just fine man! Dot your I's and cross your T's, stay off social media (except to tell us about your car) and don't ever say anything negative about her in front of or around your children.

Last year I was mid-divorce... the wife decided she wanted out and was done. Well, she moved out, filed, etc. and after about 4-5 months away she called and was truly upset and admitted she'd made a mistake and wanted to work it out... At that point I had nothing left to lose so sure, let's try it! Man... it's been a really good year so far, and we are doing great. There will always be ups and downs but just don't make any decisions while emotional and you'll be ok. If it comes down to divorce and it's really over then ok, you'll be just fine man! Dot your I's and cross your T's, stay off social media (except to tell us about your car) and don't ever say anything negative about her in front of or around your children.
That's awesome that you guys saved it before it was done. Hopefully I will have a similar story to tell.