Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433625694.695351.jpg

Well it does run sounds great oil pressure is mint but I have a fuel leak aero motives 45 fittings are junk . So I am gonna change that .

The big issue is there is a coolant leak most likely from a. Freeze plug on the back of the block . . Intake manifold is bone dry but I am getting a nice drip right from bell housing and the plate

But it basically started on the first shot minus the dead battery .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433625694.695351.jpg

Well it does run sounds great oil pressure is mint but I have a fuel leak aero motives 45 fittings are junk . So I am gonna change that .

The big issue is there is a coolant leak most likely from a. Freeze plug on the back of the block . . Intake manifold is bone dry but I am getting a nice drip right from bell housing and the plate

But it basically started on the first shot minus the dead battery .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Jeff, that thing looks damn sexy. Hopefully the coolant leak is an easy fix.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm officially stumped right now . I had 13 lbs of pressure on the system and not one drop of coolant ?

Was the block warm when you applied the pressure?
No block is cold as that's when it leaked . Warm if anything the plug will expand more . It's been sitting for 2,5 hours and not a drop I think the heat sealed it the other day . I don't see a thing . And there's no way it had 18 psi in it hell I had just filled the thing when it originally leaked . It's got 18 psi and nada .

Have you cold started it since? Is it about ready to go back to Kris for a tune or are you going to attempt the adjustments yourself?
I haven't cold started it because I'm waiting on some fuel fittings because my 45s were all leaking as soon as the system shuts down .

And the other day it was not running when it leaked as soon as I poured coolant in it leaked right out
The back as soon as I jacked it up to lower the car off the stands . I had a friend there so we ran it to hear it run it got up to 140/150 and I shut it down . But while it was running and after that I didn't see anything else leak . . Again it didn't have any pressure the other day 18 psi should've showed something .

And kris will most definitely tune it he is the guru .

And for anyone wondering well how the. Hell is the coolant getting past the t stat if it never opened yet
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433950183.756669.jpg

I didnt have 200 miles on my fresh built stroker motor when dam therm put me on a flatbed the worst part it popped the chrome pipe off at therm connection and dumped coolant all over my powercoated chrome manifold and on lots of other billet and chrome parts. It was a summer night on rt 18 out in the boonies, when it popped i thought the motor went, anyhow i took the mr gasket high flow therm out and boiled it and the beotch still didnt open then it finally did with a hammer. So i ended up putting in a stant and drilled a couple holes in flang no problems since. The only funny part of that deal was i pulled all my clothes except underwear to clean the fn coolant off motor before it could dry so there i am standing in my boxers when a car pulls to the shoulder behind me to help a no bs it was a nice foxbody mustang he went and got water for me nice guy but it didnt help cause after a couple miles it started getting hot and thats where she went on a flatbed.