Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I know they'll plug right into my injector plugs but does that mean that the injectors will be the imp that I need?
Best way is to run the number right on the body of the injector it will tell you. If you have the Pms you need andersons driver . I don't remember if you said you did but if not most real Stand alones do either or

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

In regards to the chip I'm not sure if the low imp injector is an option with it .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

I'm thinkin that he,( @stangboy ) isn't gonna plug an EV-6 injector into a older factory harness wired for EV-1's.

The EV-1 injectors used in OEM Mustang applications are high impedance unit's( 12-16 ohm) I believe. Obviously, the easiest way to tell what impedance the injector in question has, is to put an ohm meter on it and check it.

Just changed the tps in this thing . Idles fine but breaks up I set all the settings in the Pms for it . At this point I think it's just down to needing a tune . I want to check for vac leaks first and then send it on its way .

So wait... are you getting it tuned by someone else USING your PMS, or are you having it chipped?

Amateur mistake number 1000. Bought 60lb injectors and installed , tried to fire the car. It would barely run not even at all with my foot to the floor .

Thought maybe the meter was bad etc . Racked my brain . Run the part number on the injector to find I bought low imp injectors and forgot about it . So 260 later I'm awaiting the injector driver from Anderson .

D'oh!

It wasn't very long ago that I had this discussion with a newer member here. He responded with, "Well my buddy...". Ah well. He figured it out eventually. lol His setup didn't need anything larger than 42s anyway.

So wait... are you getting it tuned by someone else USING your PMS, or are you having it chipped?

D'oh!

It wasn't very long ago that I had this discussion with a newer member here. He responded with, "Well my buddy...". Ah well. He figured it out eventually. lol His setup didn't need anything larger than 42s anyway.
still running the Pms will be tuned by someone else .

I'm thinkin that he,( @stangboy ) isn't gonna plug an EV-6 injector into a older factory harness wired for EV-1's.

The EV-1 injectors used in OEM Mustang applications are high impedance unit's( 12-16 ohm) I believe. Obviously, the easiest way to tell what impedance the injector in question has, is to put an ohm meter on it and check it.
I believe they make the adapters .

@TOOLOW91

Why no repeat business for Kris? First Scott and now you.
By no means any issue with Kris's skill or business . It's not my liberty to discuss the stuff but he is Good people in my book and I hope he goes back to tuning and stuff soon .

Reactions: 1 user
Injector driver comes Thursday woot woot

I thought I knew what I was doing when I first fired my car up with the PMS. That little charade cost me a $2k rebuild. I tell everyone I have a 333 now because of how expensive those two extra cubic inches were!

I thought I knew what I was doing when I first fired my car up with the PMS. That little charade cost me a $2k rebuild. I tell everyone I have a 333 now because of how expensive those two extra cubic inches were!
LMFAO . And I learning from your mistake to avoid that fired the car on my tune from Kris with my 42s for that exact reason instead of just jumping to the 60s right away . When I get the driver I will just make sure it stRts . The next time it will run is to go up on the trailer and then again when it gets to whoever is gonna eventually tune it .

Injector driver came we will now be in business
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438879110.611788.jpg

Reactions: 1 users