Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

Oh and more horsepower arrived today [emoji41]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457054846.497838.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457054853.513337.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 5 users
  • Sponsors (?)

So what kind of gains will you see with the new pulley and what will be the struggle installing and tuning the car with it you talked about earlier? Is it a tuning thing or making it work with your other modifications you have? Like maybe it's going to make you change other pulleys or air intake or etc.?

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

So what kind of gains will you see with the new pulley and what will be the struggle installing and tuning the car with it you talked about earlier? Is it a tuning thing or making it work with your other modifications you have? Like maybe it's going to make you change other pulleys or air intake or etc.?

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk
I have a fast XFI stand alone to install in the car as the last of all the updates . So the plan as of now after nick and I spoke about it on our long ride to lights out was to add the pulley . Being it has to have a full tune written for it .

At 6200 rpm the blower will only be 2,000 rpm out of the Max blower speed which is nothing . We're guessing it should maybe see another 2-3 psi . I have to just see how it's all gonna fit with the new twin derale fans I picked up for the car . That will maybe happen this week being the weather is supposed to get nicer . I'll get the suspension in as well .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 users
Had the car out yesterday . Ran pretty good but as the days go on whatever is going on in the harness gets worse . Runs a little lean at idle a little rich at cruise . So I'm gonna probably jam out on the suspension tomorrow . Get it aligned next week . Then work on getting the fans in and I may change the water pump to a high flow edelbrock one while I have the rad out to mount the fans . After that I'm gonna nail a weekend down with Nick and gonna get the car up there and get the fast in and tuned .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457544534.594502.jpg
laid it all out today to see what else is still needed .

Reactions: 6 users
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457587283.470249.jpg

Got the rear shocks in after work tonight .

Reactions: 7 users
So far so good on the oil leak that I fixed . There's a little itty bitty drop but nothing like it was . I pulled the front wheels tonight to get ready to do the front suspension upgrades . Just too shot after work to actually start .

Also ditching the 8inch crank pulley idea . Car runs good the the way it is . It's already way fast for a street car . I want to just get it running the way it is on the new ecu and enjoy it .

Reactions: 4 users
Both sides done .
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458277944.562196.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458277952.925815.jpg

Tomorrow night or sat I'll do the bumpsteer kit and try to adress some other stuff . Next week I'll have it aligned . Then see where we are at .

Reactions: 2 users
Are those single adjustables? I ask because they look different then my Strange adjustables. I am assuming purely cosmetic, but it makes you wonder who manufactures the shocks for them, and if they changed who does.

Joe

Reactions: 1 user
Are those single adjustables? I ask because they look different then my Strange adjustables. I am assuming purely cosmetic, but it makes you wonder who manufactures the shocks for them, and if they changed who does.

Joe
Yes front and rear single 10 way

Reactions: 1 user
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458500374.356026.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458500409.838381.jpg

I think it's just about ready for an alignment

Reactions: 4 users
So i got the car aligned. We couldn't pull the camber in enough which is completely odd to me .

Its negative some so it isn't too big of a deal to me considering ive never had an alignment on this car since i own it. The bumpsteer kit is worth every penny especially with these :poo: roads here. I cut the white salt shaker plug off and hardwired it and the car seems to have never ran better.

I had it out at work the other night excited to leave and go for a blast and of course i hit a man hole cover and rip the flange over the ball flare on the mid pipe . Ive fixed it . It still has a slight leak i need to deal with but the car is drive-able. Post some pics of that in a few.

Edit maybe later it's giving me an error .

Reactions: 1 users