Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

a5bd29d252c4a699afce6d84ac874c2d.jpg

Just a little maintenance going on . Some cleaning as well .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 3 users
I guess you don't have any hood vibration issues like this. I have a cervinis fiberglass hood which sits higher than the stock hood(even in the front). They don't even touch those stock front bumpers. But I had hood rub when I had the stock fan shroud installed so I raised my bumpers with washers lifting them up. Had to go pretty far up, look a little funny. I also figured out that helped me raise my hood a hair in the front and so it aligns better with the front bumper. I have always wondered what others did about all that... Those lines not being aligned hood/fenders/bumper drive me crazy... :zombie:

It has a cervinis on it . No problem with alignment At all or vibration

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Thats cool. Most of my alignment issues were around the headlights. Thanks for the info.

PS: I installed a gopro under the hood and drove around. Then adjusted the bumpers up to touch the hood and the difference was amazing. Couldn't see it while driving. gopro's rock.

Thats cool. Most of my alignment issues were around the headlights. Thanks for the info.

PS: I installed a gopro under the hood and drove around. Then adjusted the bumpers up to touch the hood and the difference was amazing. Couldn't see it while driving. gopro's rock.

Same here. Three Cervini hoods and never had a problem with alignment on them.

2a0a0b2063187a00d8fcd5c02d24bd19.jpg

Amazing what a little paint did for that belt tensioner bracket .

Got the gangster ultra 40 wires in and routed nice . I had a burn in one of the insulators on my FRPP ones . Figured I'd try these I know Nick and other 1k Hp cars run them
e4d3123d1e4111c44d327c6aab52f53f.jpg

f4387b409cde967342aec7b91104e5c8.jpg

I had posted a thread about a lazy t stat . Well I took the advice from noobz I re bled the coolant system and drove it Sunday and still no change. Checked over some stuff today and drove it and nada . Car is acting like the t stat starts to close or gets stuck half shut then re opens .

Did some reading and come to find out the stants have been known to have the issue . Ordered a new motorcraft 180 t stat . Drilled some relief holes like I did the last time to make it easy to bleed the system and always have some bypass flow . Just finished up and got home after working tonight . Will fill and burp tomorrow .

Reactions: 2 users
Motor craft FTW .
6a6cb96de6b57b233bcd3bedd52a256b.jpg

So cool out it won't even get up over 180 driving . Always ran 190-196 in this cool weather even . I think this stat has always been an issue .

Reactions: 5 users