Build Thread My Never Ending 89 Notch Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Nice Runs Jeffs 10s are just a good Launch away...E-Town has good prep somedays....i always seem to get my best ETs there....Keep at it Thats very impressive !!!!!!!
Thanks buddy I appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user
Good runs, man! That falls into the category of stuff that you can't just 'pick up' as I was referring to in Mike's thread the other day. It's something that takes an awful lot of practice and effort and... you know where I'm going. I'm glad you have the mindset of fun street car and aren't beating yourself or the car up to make a better pass. I think if I ever won the lottery, I'd come buy yours if I had my choices.

Reactions: 1 users
Good runs, man! That falls into the category of stuff that you can't just 'pick up' as I was referring to in Mike's thread the other day. It's something that takes an awful lot of practice and effort and... you know where I'm going. I'm glad you have the mindset of fun street car and aren't beating yourself or the car up to make a better pass. I think if I ever won the lottery, I'd come buy yours if I had my choices.
Thanks man I really appreciate the compliments . It all seems to improve everytime . Me and the car . I have no problem driving it and I am no pro by any means I'm always trying to improve and learn . But as I learn what it likes we just keep getting better . Thanks for the compliments again man much appreciated .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Thanks man I really appreciate the compliments . It all seems to improve everytime . Me and the car . I have no problem driving it and I am no pro by any means I'm always trying to improve and learn . But as I learn what it likes we just keep getting better . Thanks for the compliments again man much appreciated .

Completely agree with you on your expectations/desires for the car. Having that nice of a mustang you can drive regularly AND 120+mph trap...uhh sign me up lol. Congrats! It definitely has a high 10sec et in it. If that's what you are after. Usually around 120 is a low 11 et in a perfect world.

I'm surprised you're not blowing those tires off, I had the same ones on mine way back when most of the car was stock (just gears and exhaust) and I could never get them bellow a 2.1 60'.
Agreed. I did get them to go 1.9's but it was about 1 out of 4 passes. Lots of 2.0-2.1's even using the same "ritual". Maybe it's because we were under powered? And using more rpms was just to much tire hit. The team z suspension does help. I assume-my street tests were night and day-no track passes using it.

Agreed. I did get them to go 1.9's but it was about 1 out of 4 passes. Lots of 2.0-2.1's even using the same "ritual". Maybe it's because we were under powered? And using more rpms was just to much tire hit. The team z suspension does help. I assume-my street tests were night and day-no track passes using it.
Was doing a healthy burn out had them aired to 20 psi . I was surprised myself.

Jeff, congrats man! Glad to see all your had work pay off for you. With those trap speeds you are easy low 11's high 10's if you can get it to hook. Can you borrow a set of slicks? That should get you another .3 to .5.

My 85 hatch was running 10.20's at 126 but it was 2700 lbs. My 87 vert was 11.80's at 117-120 but it was a pig at 3400lbs.

Jeff, congrats man! Glad to see all your had work pay off for you. With those trap speeds you are easy low 11's high 10's if you can get it to hook. Can you borrow a set of slicks? That should get you another .3 to .5.

My 85 hatch was running 10.20's at 126 but it was 2700 lbs. My 87 vert was 11.80's at 117-120 but it was a pig at 3400lbs.
This cars a pig too 3315 without me in it. It's been 126 in good air . So I'm hopeful . I have 15 inch drag lites for the rear . Just have to get the tires on them .

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats @TOOLOW91 ! You just gotta get more seat time at the track to dial it in and get a feel for how the car likes to be driven. It comes with time. But you got yourself a hell of a street car that will surprise a lot of unsuspecting camaros and vettes. Have fun with buddy. I can't wait to get mine going. Life has taken over all my time to the point where I haven't been able to touch my car since March.

Congrats @TOOLOW91 ! You just gotta get more seat time at the track to dial it in and get a feel for how the car likes to be driven. It comes with time. But you got yourself a hell of a street car that will surprise a lot of unsuspecting camaros and vettes. Have fun with buddy. I can't wait to get mine going. Life has taken over all my time to the point where I haven't been able to touch my car since March.
Thanks bro. That's the plan !

A little birdy says there was a Yamaha r6 on a highway in Mexico today . That tried to get smart with a little 8.2 blower foxbody . Rumor has it the bike got edged out by half fender by the fox . That was all. Proud moment

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterateô

Reactions: 4 users
A little birdy says there was a Yamaha r6 on a highway in Mexico today . That tried to get smart with a little 8.2 blower foxbody . Rumor has it the bike got edged out by half fender by the fox . That was all. Proud moment

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterateô
Orale vato!!