My Project Car...90 Gt

On the CC the issue is all the electronics and abs...... its easy to lock the throttle speed but you cant slow it down (ie down hills etc) without all the electronics, abs etc..... like the pcm is designed for,

AC, I used ALL my fox hardware except the compressor, there I used a new coyote unit and it mounts where it goes on the coyote..... had to have all custom hoses made.... 134a freon.
So the compressors are not interchangeable?

• Sponsors (?)

On the CC the issue is all the electronics and abs...... its easy to lock the throttle speed but you cant slow it down (ie down hills etc) without all the electronics, abs etc..... like the pcm is designed for,

AC, I used ALL my fox hardware except the compressor, there I used a new coyote unit and it mounts where it goes on the coyote..... had to have all custom hoses made.... 134a freon.
Gotcha

New dash installed..got defrost to work..need new turn signal switch and pig tails
The devil red interior is my favorite. This car looks pretty straight, just need to polish paint up if possible. These my favorite year Mustangs, sounds like your going to cherry it up. Tesla is the only CD i have in my Mustang. Luv me so me good rock music. Although this is coming from a guy that still has a tape deck in his truck, and still has tapes, lol ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
The devil red interior is my favorite. This car looks pretty straight, just need to polish paint up if possible. These my favorite year Mustangs, sounds like your going to cherry it up. Telsa is the only CD i have in my Mustang. Luv me so me good rock music. Although this is coming from a guy that still has a tape deck in his truck, and still has tapes, lol ..
Mechanical Resonance and the great radio controversy are to of the best albums ever recorded. Tesla is truly one of the best bands to make it through the "hair metal" era. I love em and they were the first two albums I ever purchased in the down load digital format. Now about red interiors..
Not my thing..I dig the :poo: out of the grey and black...doesn't matter though...the dash in this car was f-ed up...cracked, beat up, what ever gangster wannabee that owned the car prior to me had removed the dash and had little regard for re-installing it correctly. Match books were used to shim the instrument bezel so it wouldn't rattle....it had to go...anyway...I don't really like red cars either...for some reason my wife and I buy silver cars..she went out and bought the new silver suburban a few yrs ago...I bought an 06 silver jetta 4 or 5 years ago...we never discussed what colors to get..we both just got what we wanted..so I would be surprised if this car does not end up a dark silver color...
Like this
CAB60VWC031A0801.jpg

I will say this about these cars...the brakes suck. I hit a deer this morning...I was doing maybe 50 and coming around this corner there was a deer in the road...I hit the brakes pretty good and the car started skidding...I hit the little shaver...knocked him in the ditch and he got up and run off. My Jetta would have come to a complete stop in half the distance...sorely disappointed...I'm gonna have to slow it down on blind corners I guess...
How are these cars in the snow? I'm not thinking too good...am I wrong?

I will say this about these cars...the brakes suck. I hit a deer this morning...I was doing maybe 50 and coming around this corner there was a deer in the road...I hit the brakes pretty good and the car started skidding...I hit the little shaver...knocked him in the ditch and he got up and run off. My Jetta would have come to a complete stop in half the distance...sorely disappointed...I'm gonna have to slow it down on blind corners I guess...
Great job on the dash, it looks great. I wouldn't paint any car i owned red, but something about the red devil interior that i really like. Did you say you crashed your Mustang ? Luckily i've bought my 92 GT with upgraded all disk brakes. Hope that makes it for a better stop. Hope anyone in the car is ok. Did you happen to get the deer's license and registration ? Lol .. j/k,

Reactions: 1 user
Cruise is so necessary these days what with smoking drinking and texting in our cars...it is almost a safety device

Is it really?

My fox never had factory cruise, so I grew up learning to drive in a car without it. When I finally got a car with cruise, I still never use it. Drive 2-3+ hrs on the highway all the time and just use my foot.

My new car has adaptive CC....never once tested it out.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

If it's a stick you're good in the snow. I drove mine around folks for years in the snow.

If its automatic plan to use neutral a lot....keeps the rear wheels from wanting to spin out.

Who drives mustangs in the snow anyways ?

With these cars your leg is the antilock braking system. Pulsate the brakes. The key is to stop without going into a slide.

I'm betting a 4cyl fox would be "ok" in the snow with good studded/siped tires compared to a 5.0 and I'd want an auto. However living near you in the PNW with all the ice and freezing fog I'd never drive a rear wheel drive out here in the winter. Either front wheel or all 4 turning for me. As far as deer go, I too have had a couple close calls in my 5.0.

Great job on the dash, it looks great. I wouldn't paint any car i owned red, but something about the red devil interior that i really like. Did you say you crashed your Mustang ? Luckily i've bought my 92 GT with upgraded all disk brakes. Hope that makes it for a better stop. Hope anyone in the car is ok. Did you happen to get the deer's license and registration ? Lol .. j/k,
It didn't hurt the car, just spun out the deer...I have a 3/4 van with better braking..I need to upgrade..and until I got the funds go slower around blind corners.

If it's a stick you're good in the snow. I drove mine around folks for years in the snow.

If its automatic plan to use neutral a lot....keeps the rear wheels from wanting to spin out.

Who drives mustangs in the snow anyways ?

With these cars your leg is the antilock braking system. Pulsate the brakes. The key is to stop without going into a slide.
I want a daily driver...I have a front wheel Jetta...but damn...my mustang is funner..and sounds better..so just thought I would ask

Is it really?

My fox never had factory cruise, so I grew up learning to drive in a car without it. When I finally got a car with cruise, I still never use it. Drive 2-3+ hrs on the highway all the time and just use my foot.

My new car has adaptive CC....never once tested it out.

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
I hate driving without cruise...it is so nice to set it and take a nap..

Stopping can be a challenge with stock brakes, like stated. Pump them and will stop the lock up...

On the stock compressor I'm not sure, it would require the right aftermarket bracket is all, still need custom hoses but that's no biggie... I'll check around for you,

Stopping can be a challenge with stock brakes, like stated. Pump them and will stop the lock up...

On the stock compressor I'm not sure, it would require the right aftermarket bracket is all, still need custom hoses but that's no biggie... I'll check around for you,
Cool man thanks..

Ahh, the joys of stock fox brakes. I once totaled some guy's early-90s Acura something-or-other POS with my '86 GT when I was young, dumb and didn't pay enough attention to the road. Nary a sign of the collision on my car. The terrible factory paint helped. Built Ford tough.

Ahh, the joys of stock fox brakes. I once totaled some guy's early-90s Acura something-or-other POS with my '86 GT when I was young, dumb and didn't pay enough attention to the road. Nary a sign of the collision on my car. The terrible factory paint helped. Built Ford tough.
I usually drive under the speed limit...hardly ever put brakes to the test..
I really can not believe the ineffectiveness of these things. Is it possible to get 4 wheel anti lock dick brakes?

I usually drive under the speed limit...hardly ever put brakes to the test..
I really can not believe the ineffectiveness of these things. Is it possible to get 4 wheel anti lock dick brakes?
You should upgrade to newer style brakes. The cobra brakes aren't bad.....and you get the plus of five lug wheels.

Did you eat the deer ? I would've cut that fudger up for stepping in front of my car.....deer jerky anyone ?