Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Looks like supercoupe pulleys will fit the 5.0.... crank needs modification.

I think with a gm m90 snout (longer) and the jackshaft setup I may be able to do this thing. of course I would need something to mount the jackshaft pulley on...... but that I can figure out I'm sure. with some math I think I can achieve the same pulley ratio with a 2.7" pulley on the blower and 8 ribs......

Just found the pulleys on ebay for 60$

But do I really want to keep pissing around with this thing?

Fixt.

Got the oil all cleaned up, full tuneup car runs great!

Now I'm off to make it bearable for the wife, she does not like all the sensory stimulus of a "race car"....
So I have ordered a charcoal canister for the tank vent, and a set of high flow catalytic converters.... too battle the stink. the next issue, car is too loud..... go figure.... maybe the cats will tone down the super 44's under the car, but they probably wont.
Question is if they don't tone down what can I switch them out too? right now I have to shut the car off to order food... it's that loud.

Reactions: 1 users
Fixt.

Got the oil all cleaned up, full tuneup car runs great!

Now I'm off to make it bearable for the wife, she does not like all the sensory stimulus of a "race car"....
So I have ordered a charcoal canister for the tank vent, and a set of high flow catalytic converters.... too battle the stink. the next issue, car is too loud..... go figure.... maybe the cats will tone down the super 44's under the car, but they probably wont.
Question is if they don't tone down what can I switch them out too? right now I have to shut the car off to order food... it's that loud.
@MFE92 maybe he can chime in on those walker/dynomax brand mufflers. I can't remember the model/part numbers. They sound fairly tame at idle and yet sing well at wot. I ran a older model 20 years ago on my 89. I liked them.

Amazing weather today! the high was 67* I spent every moment of it outside enjoying it.

So I spent 30mins doing a mod I have had waiting for a perfect day like today. The new air deflector!
So I started with this.
20161120_142432.jpg
this is from a Ranger I believe, cost is less than a stock deflector! 38$ at the front door...
So it takes some slight modification to make it fit, shaving excess material and re-drilling the mounting holes. I went the extra mile and added brackets to the fender aprons to hold it in place.
20161120_164134.jpg
20161120_164157.jpg
20161120_164232.jpg
you can see a small rivet in this picture, a quick shot of trim paint will fix that.
I think it looks great only time will tell if it survives speed bumps. :nice:

Reactions: 5 users
I cleaned and waxed the ish out of my 100$ paint job. redid the plastidip rocker stripes too turned out pretty good.
I love that I'm really close to the point where all I need to do is clean it and drive it.
20161121_172907.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I cleaned and waxed the ish out of my 100$ paint job. redid the plastidip rocker stripes too turned out pretty good.
I love that I'm really close to the point where all I need to do is clean it and drive it.
20161121_172907.jpg
That car is good lookin' ! Looks good and I like the air dam mod.

My car will never look that clean...unless Dave flies to Maryland for a weekend. Lol

Reactions: 1 users
Today I got the cats installed and I was able to install the charcoal canister. What a huge difference the cats make it's really night and day not only is the car sound more subdued but it's got more of a muscle car sound rather than the raspy noise of an x-pipe. Quite a bit of the Drone is gone as well. Also the stink is gone

Reactions: 2 users
On the way home from work I got an error code 8 on my innovate mtxl......

This pretty much says that the sensor is bad, Bosch WB sensor. pretty standard stuff......

Is it coincidence that I just got the cats welded in and it went out? too much heat on the sensor maybe?......:shrug:

It only has a few thousand miles on it.

Anyone running an MTXL from innovate? part number 3844...

The website says it uses and LU 4.9 sensor but when I took the sensor off and cross-referenced it it crosses to and LU 4.2 WTF I'm not buying an $80 sensor until I know which one I need I'm not sure if the 4.2 will plug into the 4.9 and vice versa the one I have has a D-shaped plug.