Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

20160512_210955.jpg
that's where I got to last night. Still needs some extra support and a few more pulleys will be added. The bar holding an idler pulley will be going away, as soon as I can get my mig going and some aluminum wire I will add ribbing on the backside of the bracket. It still needs to be trimmed down but right now it fits under the hood.

Reactions: 1 users
Functional question.

Could the tension pulley on the long arm bar stock you made be moved to the middle of the new plate you made so you could remove that arm completely? Or is it needed below the SC pulley like you have it now? Just wondering, it would really clean up nice without the arm is what I was thinking. But it wouldn't be a great Frankenstein without it of course, your making it all purdy and stuff :nice:

Sure it could. But it needs to be where it is and a few more added near the middle of the plate.

The Issue- when I get on it hard between shifts the belt slaps around. This causes the belt to stretch and eventually throw itself, it's even more violent on a 2 step launch..... so this is the palette to create a slap free system that looks less franky......:shrug:
Don't worry once the turbo starts to go in place I'm sure it will look like a science experiment. Lol compound boost will make up for those iron heads!

Reactions: 1 user
Cool. I remember you telling us that you threw a belt and moved the pully's around... My memory lapse... I guess I was thinking with that nice new plate your building you could just mount the pully's directly to the plate instead of having the arm. But they wouldn't be tensioners at that point I guess, just static mounted. It's looking good man, I like the plate idea.

You mean inbetween spitting head gaskets? lol. Love the idea and look forward to more. Have you checked out Alex's thread on corral? Seems to be a common problem(belt issues etc)

Oh and nothing too crazy on the boost 10psi is all I need to really :leghump: :poo: up. 8psi on the hit from the SC then as the boost comes in from the turbo I hope to see a nice linear line. It should keep parasitic loss to a minimum at high rpm and really let me hurt a lot of feelings.

Well :leghump: me running. Took the car for about a 50 mile drive, everything went great except for some stalling issues that I need to work out (think the tfi is going out).

Until I was one stop sign from home. Got on it pretty hard and the car started making all kinds of racket, from the sounds I though I had lost something in the valve train for sure. I got the car limped home (almost overheated) once I opened the hood I discovered this.
20160513_212306.jpg
here is another.
20160513_212302.jpg
either the bolts backed out, (lock tight and lock washers:shrug: not so sure) or it stripped out the mounting holes (even less likely).

Happy Friday the 13th.:fuss:

First, a question: Does this thing still have two throttle bodies on it?

Then a comment: I would be willing to bet that whatever it was that came apart or backed out, was already suspect. What I mean is that you probably expected it. So now you gotta do it the way you thought you should have. :p

You cannot have flex in your pulley setup. I say this because I think it would have to exist to squirt out that many parts.

Meh, just paint it all black

Yes... wrinkle black. :nice:

First, a question: Does this thing still have two throttle bodies on it?

Then a comment: I would be willing to bet that whatever it was that came apart or backed out, was already suspect. What I mean is that you probably expected it. So now you gotta do it the way you thought you should have. :p

You cannot have flex in your pulley setup. I say this because I think it would have to exist to squirt out that many parts.

Yes... wrinkle black. :nice:
Yes still has 2 TB on it, that is a must for the system to work.

No, I was not expecting this, at least not from the water pump. BUT all the pressure from the crank runs over this pulley first.

There is probably some flex in the system sure. If there is I cannot see it.

So now I have to figure this out, then the stalling issue it may be tune related only seems to happen when I ubruptly lift the throttle during a high electrical load.

Got some more progress made today. I decided to try a tensioner from a 4.6 as it has a lot more spring pressure. I used a pipe cutter to make the standoffs.
20160516_201816.jpg
20160516_201824.jpg
I have some thick bar behind the plate to act as a backer too reduce flex. I have not tested it yet but I can say I could not get any flex out of it with my body weight.

Reactions: 4 users
I still need to add another pulley between the two tensioners. That way there is not a long stretch of belt slapping around. I need a mount for the pulley though, can anyone point me in the direction of one?
Otherwise I will need to make a one.... I wish I had a mill :rolleyes:.....lol
I would like to find an oem option to make things easy. (I know I know "easy"):nice:

Sure it could. But it needs to be where it is and a few more added near the middle of the plate.

The Issue- when I get on it hard between shifts the belt slaps around. This causes the belt to stretch and eventually throw itself, it's even more violent on a 2 step launch..... so this is the palette to create a slap free system that looks less franky......:shrug:
Don't worry once the turbo starts to go in place I'm sure it will look like a science experiment. Lol compound boost will make up for those iron heads!

Holy smokes! That's going to be something...

There's a guy in my area with a terminator with twins on it- and the stock blower. 56 psi!!!:eek:

Crazy. I think he's putting down around 1800.

Holy smokes! That's going to be something...

There's a guy in my area with a terminator with twins on it- and the stock blower. 56 psi!!!:eek:

Crazy. I think he's putting down around 1800.
What!? 56psi! Not me lol. I was thinking like 10-14max. This is a budget built engine stock internals with good balance and bearings. The block will give up before it reaches full potential. I will be using a smallish turbo.

OK guys I have some questions to derail myself here.
1- turbo size only needs to support 500hp you know enough to split the block. What size will I need?
2- anyone have the foggiest clue as to what 6psi from a turbo in front of a 6psi SC makes total?????
3-should I just toss the new intake idea off to the side and use the money for the turbo instead?
4- will this turbo hot side kit work ok?
http://m.ebay.com/itm/1979-1995-FOR...AINLESS-STEEL-T4-TURBO-MANIFOLD-/301070231172

I know it's ebay crap but in the spirit of the original budget theme......