Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Ready to go. Only issue is it now takes 2 people to put a belt on the car! Lol I will have to drill a hole to put a screwdriver thru for at least 1 of the tensioners because God only graced me with 2 hands..... checked it out on the 2 step and she did great.
20160522_175024.jpg
as it is now the 4.6 tensioner does not move the way it is mounted.... oops too much angle tward the sc. It's OK though it acts as a manual tensioner.

Lol. Two throttle bodies. Two belt tensioners.. I'm going out on a limb and guessing you love overkill..

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

20160522_175024-jpg.557231.jpg

My only critique is something I think I mentioned before in this thread or may have already been covered:

I really think that you're going to have to add stiffeners to that plate to make it as inflexible as possible. For what you're using it for, it looks mighty thin.

All of that rotational weight increases exponentially as RPM increases. That, in addition to the extra torque and tension.... you see where I'm going...

20160522_175024-jpg.557231.jpg

My only critique is something I think I mentioned before in this thread or may have already been covered:

I really think that you're going to have to add stiffeners to that plate to make it as inflexible as possible. For what you're using it for, it looks mighty thin.

All of that rotational weight increases exponentially as RPM increases. That, in addition to the extra torque and tension.... you see where I'm going...
Yes I do sir. This mockup and trial, it works great mind you. After I get my mig setup (shortly lots of yard work after all that 70 hr weeks) I will weld ribbing on the back. Each tensioner will also be receiving another piece of bar stock behind the plate to prevent tear thru. For instance the 4.6 tensioner on the far right has a piece of 1/2 aluminum stock behind the plate it's bolted through.

This was simply a piece that was "extra" from work.

Reactions: 1 user
Things to come.
20160528_210351.jpg
hah traded for a set of contacts! :shrug:we have the same prescription. (Dad)

Now I need an elbow @hoopty5.0 what did you use?

@84Ttop do you think the stock rails will fit? Or any suggestions?
I'm curious......Why exactly are we buying an Aussie version of this intake when there are perfectly good US made alternatives that don't have a ton of visible casting flash hanging off the water crossover?
EDL-2928_xl.jpg

I'm curious......Why exactly are we buying an Aussie version of this intake when there are perfectly good US made alternatives that don't have a ton of visible casting flash hanging off the water crossover?
EDL-2928_xl.jpg
Simple, it's FREE. That is not casting flash it's rtv, this was pulled off the 327 in the racecar. It's getting a super Victor, this was one of his testers. The design worked well

It's for the wife she wants the air cooled engine which is cool with me. It's the 2000cc with twin port heads, it WILL be receiving disk brakes and a turbo.
My first car was a72 bug convertible. Never turboed it, but I did the Porsche doghouse fan, dual Weber's from a 914 and punched it out to 1800cc. Didn't do much for the power but acceleration was incredible after the mods.

Lol its what she asked for, so it shall be. Happy wife happy life. @Davedacarpainter will be getting questioned relentlessly for this one. Lots of panels need love.
Best thing about a vw is that most of the panels are bolted to the one next to it. I think they are still stamping new parts in Mexico. I replaced quite a few on mine. Florida humidity didnt treat it very well.