Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

You got a wot video? This mod has always intrigued me but all the internet data has kind of dismissed the m90 as too small to be effective on the 302. I've been following your build quite closely. Is it something you'd do again?

You got a wot video? This mod has always intrigued me but all the internet data has kind of dismissed the m90 as too small to be effective on the 302. I've been following your build quite closely. Is it something you'd do again?
I have a go pro I have never even used. Lol. Looks like I have a good reason too now. I will get some pov video, and look like an idiot with a gopro on his head.:p
And yes I would do it again, as a matter of fact when I get the 42# injectors and my mega squirt. a 1.9" pulley will go on and hello 11# of boost. Nothing like full boost at 1100 rpm.

Reactions: 1 users
So I got a new tensioner with hopes of a new belt route for more wrap. I have a bum wrist, it sucks I need dexterity to do my job effectively. While I was rebuilding it, the darn thing blew apart on me and slammed into my bad hand... ftw!

I will be returning it as a defect and leaving the thing alone. We will revisit the belt wrap when the smallest pulley goes on. Damn this hurts.

I think any more boost than I have will max the injectors.... or the pump with an fmu....
I need tax money now!

Should I go mega squirt? Or is the tweecer any good?

Go turbo. No belts. As to the tweecer I would probably avoid and get a megasquirt or FAST system. From everything I've read the megasquirt offers more control and if you grow down the road it's the better tool.

I was checking out megasquirt,PiMP microsquirt,and tweecer over the last year or so. Personally I would just jump all the way to the Holley system. It is expensive but has way more features and less bs IMO. Depends on what your future plans are I guess and the 'squirt options are descent.

Sold my old beater car today. 2000 Toyota echo, darn good car 275000 miles and she has only ever needed spark plugs, brakes, and tires..... that funded my diy pnp ms 2.
I have to build the ecu but then it plugs right in and I'm ready to tune. This unit has all the bells and whistles I need including boost control, and outputs for extras like nitrous or meth injection. Electric fans ect.

That said should I delete the maf?
What size injectors?

Got the MS in today, going to get a new soldering iron and correct solder tomorrow. Ordered the injectors today, can't wait to get this thing going. I may try and get rid of the dual tb setup, we shall see.

Reactions: 2 users
What did you need to do in the tune to make it work?

Sorry man I've been working like mad to close in my garage last couple days, and spent Sunday night in the hospital with my youngest kiddo. Tune.. uuuummm, it came pre loaded with a base tune to run speed density.. already maf deleted. :shrug:

Sorry man I've been working like mad to close in my garage last couple days, and spent Sunday night in the hospital with my youngest kiddo. Tune.. uuuummm, it came pre loaded with a base tune to run speed density.. already maf deleted. :shrug:
Hope your kid is alright. I found the base map on there website. And the megatune manual, this is going to be awesome. In the tune I will set boost enrichment and timing retard in boost. Get a rough ve map and let the car auto tune from my wideband.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks guys. She's fine. Broke her arm roller skating. It's tough watching your little girl in so much pain.. But she's be-bopping around now in a sling and a hard splint now.

@a91what FYI: Be sure you have a good solid 12v for your wide band or it'll play hell. I pulled off my eec relay and wasn't getting enough voltage, and in turn the wideband swung really bad causing the car to run like poo. Took a while to figure out.

Thanks guys. She's fine. Broke her arm roller skating. It's tough watching your little girl in so much pain.. But she's be-bopping around now in a sling and a hard splint now.

@a91what FYI: Be sure you have a good solid 12v for your wide band or it'll play hell. I pulled off my eec relay and wasn't getting enough voltage, and in turn the wideband swung really bad causing the car to run like poo. Took a while to figure out.
Thanks for the warning. Mine is pulled thru a relay from the starter solenoid. I have so many questions! I need to download the software and play with it. What I don't want is the wideband to mess with the ve tables while I'm in boost... the way my system is setup, while cruising I can tip my toe into it and boost comes in until vacuum is reached in the manifold. This can happen below wot voltage.