Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

Just so you get the idea of what I'm trying to do. Here are some starter pics.
The flange has some angle tacked to it so it does not warp. The inlet opening is equivalent to a 2.5" pipe. I can safely use a 3"x3" square box to feed it, but it's going to be a larger area than that by the time I'm done.
Some 5/8 tubing will serve as a sleeve for the bolt that ends up inside the plenum.
20160205_232812.jpg
20160205_232824.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

@a91what

Man i have to say, i love your thread! I've always wondered about doing this with an eaton take off. Great pics and ingenuity, major props! I may consider doing this to my flare side project.

How is spark plug access on the driver side? Do you have to pull the blower to get to them? That's the pitfall of my turbo kit. The down pipe has to come off.. But it doesn't take long to do.

I like your wade in and make it work plan of attack for this project. I've never considered the huffer because of the challenges for belt, placement, and intercooling, but you have managed to make it work.

Nobodies ever seen the whole car yet have we?
Let me see if I can find an example of what I think it looks like.....

Hmmm:thinking:
Google Monster,.....Mustang,...Frankenstein,...Blower,.......Steve......

Got it.
tumblr_m72hgbrgP41qemxfbo1_500.jpg

What's with the snake?

Reactions: 3 users
I "found" a large sheet of 14g? 316 ss in the "scrap pile" at "work". Lol.

Going to use that too make a cover plate for the whole assembly, weld some tabs onto the intake I am making and rivet the cover into place..... Then polish that bish up!

I would have made more progress but the wife somehow found her way into the land of Steve (shed) and put an end to my rocket surgery...:notnice:

I "found" a large sheet of 14g? 316 ss in the "scrap pile" at "work". Lol.

Going to use that too make a cover plate for the whole assembly, weld some tabs onto the intake I am making and rivet the cover into place..... Then polish that bish up!

I would have made more progress but the wife somehow found her way into the land of Steve (shed) and put an end to my rocket surgery...:notnice:

No "dislike" button to use here. Fortunately, when I'm in the shop, I don't get bugged. I can't believe she can't find it. Must be so much guy stuff in there her allergies flare up so she stays away. :shrug:

Mine doesn't have to find her way. She just stomps her foot on the floor. The living room is directly above the garage.When that doesn't work, she sends her evil minion ( #2 ) to summon me.

" Whaaa,???? That was you? I thought somebody dropped something."

Most of the time it's genuine. I'm pounding, the compressor is running, I'm grinding, or having a Grand mall conniption fit because there is something on fire, or something like that, so I actually didn't hear her.

Other times, I have to invoke my God given right of selective choice . On the grounds that I may incriminate myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
My exwife was super clingy. If I spent more than an hour in the garage she'd be out there trying to wrangle me back inside/trip to town/etc etc. And she never understood the "car thing". My recent ex girlfriend(I'm on a roll) wasn't as bad but when I started pounding my disposal income into the present car and not entertaining her as much...well it became an issue. Women!

Thanks for the Dr Phil moment...now back to your regularly scheduled programming. :rolleyes:

Btw I love this project! Good job:nice:

Reactions: 2 users
Well my original plan was a fail, do here is the start of 2.0

20160207_202117.jpg
I'm going to set up a remote mount idle air control with the adjustment plate going to feed it with a small filter from my valve cover it's going to feed into the plenum directly. That way I don't have to worry about the distance between the cold side and my supercharger inlet. I have the Mini Cooper supercharger bypass going to try to start setting that up soon I'm going to box in the throttle body adapter plate to the inlet and use some Loctite on the threads for the bolts
20160207_202109.jpg
I already have an idea for the throttle cable bracket its a tight fit but it's going to work. As it sits right now I turn 1 90 from the throttle body and I'm in the fender

Reactions: 1 users
Lol no.
This year I completed my apprenticeship, made journeyman and in two months Forman. So now I can afford to go get my teeth fixed. I have not been in 19years, and I'm about to turn 27......

Yup, that'll do it. My parents never had dental insurance, so I never made a visit until I was 18 and my mom finally started a job here in IA that offered it. Luckily I only had 3 cavities, one needing a root canal. The good news is that now you are getting it taken care of. That is a hell of a lot to do in one sitting, so way to knock it out like a champ and come home and work on the car! I dont even see any drool puddles on the parts. Impressive.

Lol no.
This year I completed my apprenticeship, made journeyman and in two months Forman. So now I can afford to go get my teeth fixed. I have not been in 19years, and I'm about to turn 27......
Well good on you Jeeves,...take care of your mouth. If you're a foreman it'll be hard chewing out asses w/o any teeth.

Reactions: 3 users
Some little stuff got done today.
First the iac, the intended location is no longer viable, will mount somewhere along the firewall.
20160210_183408.jpg
it came out OK I guess.....

Next up the iac block off plate this one I made from some 1/2 aluminum stock I had sitting around.
20160210_175518.jpg
the Allen head bolts are counter sunk in there, it needs a polish.