My Town's "Car Value" Has Gone Up

I think I mentioned that I did not get to go to this year's Midnight at the Oasis Car show; as work and family commtiments just ate up my weekend :nonono: NoKitten did get to go and he brought back pictures of yet another Shelby GT500KR 'vert - a red-painted mate to the greegn one I almost religiously go to the car show just to :drool: :drool: :drool: over.

NK only had pictures, no info on the car, and I figured that I'd shot the one chance at seeing it (booooo!). Guess what? I was wrong, big time! I found out that the "new guy" lives only 4 blocks East of me! Belongs to an acquaintance of mine; had a job fixing some of his house wiring (phone-guy stuff); and I mentioned that I missed the show & how was it? He told me that I then must have missed his "new" car.....and guess what it was?

She is indeed RED! :hail2: My friend Bill is the (he thinks) 4th owner; it's been restored once and he had the cowl repainted to match the rest of the car (paint bubbles after cowl repair). Went back to Florida and picked it up after last years' MATO. Pretty, pretty car; and the exhaust rumble quadrupled my heart rate!

At the rate things are going; all the rare Shelbys will soon be sucked out of the East Coast and end up in SW Arizona :D

Still Dreamin'

• Sponsors (?)

StangDreamin' said:
You're cruising around Far East Joisey in your DD with only one rear brake and you say I'm suffering from dementia?????? :bs:

EDIT: I'll get NK to upload the pic's to this computer, then I'll upload to the thread.

Still Dreamin'
Let's get a few things straight here you gray-green walking eyeball..........
1) I don't live in "Far East Joisey", I live on Lawng Eyes-Land....
2) My DD did NOT have one rear brake, the driver's side was toast too!
3) I never said you were SUFFERING from dementia, I rather think you're ENJOYING it!
:D :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :D

65stanger said:
Let's get a few things straight here you gray-green walking eyeball..........
1) I don't live in "Far East Joisey", I live on Lawng Eyes-Land....
2) My DD did NOT have one rear brake, the driver's side was toast too!
3) I never said you were SUFFERING from dementia, I rather think you're ENJOYING it!
:D :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :D

1.) I have it from two impeccable sources (my Mom and my late Dad) that the whole NYC area (and that includes Lawn Guyland) is more like Joisey than the real (read: Upstate) New York. (They'd never elect Billary up there! :notnice:) Since Brockport is about as "Upstate" as you can get in western NY; what can I do but believe them? :shrug:

2.) You're really not helping your case, you know. (BTW, I think the brake drums were in fact victims of your insidious Eastern Seaboard RUST)

3.) To quote the late Waylon Jennings (and if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand): "I've always been crazy, it keeps me from going insane." :nice:

Still Dreamin'

StangDreamin' said:
1.) I have it from two impeccable sources (my Mom and my late Dad) that the whole NYC area (and that includes Lawn Guyland) is more like Joisey than the real (read: Upstate) New York. (They'd never elect Billary up there! :notnice:) Since Brockport is about as "Upstate" as you can get in western NY; what can I do but believe them? :shrug:

2.) You're really not helping your case, you know. (BTW, I think the brake drums were in fact victims of your insidious Eastern Seaboard RUST)

3.) To quote the late Waylon Jennings (and if you have to ask, you wouldn't understand): "I've always been crazy, it keeps me from going insane." :nice:
1) Brockport is NOT in fact "Upstate", it is "Western" NY State, per MY step-mother who was born and raised there! BTW.....THEY must have been the ones who voted for THAT woman, as nobody around here will admit to it!:nono:

2) What case? The truth is they were 16 years old........original factory brakes, NEVER re-done....I didn't notice because I use the "GO!" peddle, not the "STOP!" peddle! :p

3) "tis a fine line twixt genius and insanity! I should know, I've crossed it many atime"........YOU are still demented! :D

AND YOU STILL HAVEN'T POSTED PIX OF YOUR NEIGHBOR'S SHELBY! :mad:

StangDreamin' said:
I think I mentioned that I did not get to go to this year's Midnight at the Oasis Car show; as work and family commtiments just ate up my weekend :nonono: NoKitten did get to go and he brought back pictures of yet another Shelby GT500KR 'vert - a red-painted mate to the greegn one I almost religiously go to the car show just to :drool: :drool: :drool: over.

NK only had pictures, no info on the car, and I figured that I'd shot the one chance at seeing it (booooo!). Guess what? I was wrong, big time! I found out that the "new guy" lives only 4 blocks East of me! Belongs to an acquaintance of mine; had a job fixing some of his house wiring (phone-guy stuff); and I mentioned that I missed the show & how was it? He told me that I then must have missed his "new" car.....and guess what it was?

She is indeed RED! :hail2: My friend Bill is the (he thinks) 4th owner; it's been restored once and he had the cowl repainted to match the rest of the car (paint bubbles after cowl repair). Went back to Florida and picked it up after last years' MATO. Pretty, pretty car; and the exhaust rumble quadrupled my heart rate!

At the rate things are going; all the rare Shelbys will soon be sucked out of the East Coast and end up in SW Arizona :D

Still Dreamin'

Why don't you give him your account info to SN since he ACTUALLY has a Mustang :stick: :stick: :stick: :stick: :stick:

gp001 said:
Why don't you give him your account info to SN since he ACTUALLY has a Mustang :stick: :stick: :stick: :stick: :stick:

Who? My friend with the Shelby? I already did mention StangNet to him; he'll get on when he has time (around running his contracting company, hosting car shows and MLB exhibition games, etc).

Or do you mean NK? In which case, I'd have to say "Wrong, monkey-butt breath!" NK has a Cougar and a Bronco. He's circled all around it but no actual Mustangs in his (actually it would be my) garage!

Still Dreamin'

electricgreen said:
Brockport is WESTERN NY, the Adirondacks are UPSTATE. I live in WESTERN NY....

Okay, I stand corrected! What part of WESTERN New York? My folks had a dairy farm on (The) Lake Road outside of Clarkson. And a ffew years ago, I managed to speak to a salesperson (I was ordering some Ham Radio stuff) from a company in Hilton. Turns out he was married to apparently a third or fourth cousin of mine - never did quite understand the family connection.

Still Dreamin'

These were shot with NK's little HP cam; which unfortunately didn't resolve that well under just the ballpark lights. If 1/2 ever digs my Nikon out of her Fair/Show tack box; I'll try begging Bill to back the red car out of his garage for some daytime shots! :nice:

While I'm at it; maybe I can dig out the mini-CD (from the hi-res Mavica CD that I borrowed last year) which had some great shots of Doc's green KR vert :drool:

Still Dreamin'