Need Advice About Racing

arena314

Sep 15, 2015
Ok so I'm racing someone from a roll in a few weeks or so and are cars are pretty much a good match I think but don't really know. Now what I want to ask is I'm in a 5 speed stang hes in an auto Subaru if were racing from a roll he easily has the upper hand bc there's no way to make a mistake. So if we were to race from a 40 mph roll and I have 373 gears with a tr350 on my pi swapped 4.6 what gear should I start in from a 40 mph roll. I need to make sure I drive perfectly bc this is going to be a tough race I think especially since I don't usually race my car and its stick. Also how should I go about shifting as soon as I possibly can to loose almost no time and keep the revs up. Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

I dont advise street racing, but hey we've all done it. my 2 cents is take it to a track.
first is to figure out what rpm you're comfortable taking your car to, then only you can determine the gear. Obviously if your car tops out at 7k rpms, you dont want to start at 6500rpms. Just go with what feels right. Me personally i like to start in my torque power range, so around 4-5k. Should be in second with 3.73s, that is if youre comfortable taking it all the way up. I think our redline is just under 6k? So you should be fine starting around 4-5k, but keep in mind that youre limiter will kick in around 6k so dont bounce it.
And obviously power shifting is the fastest, but i like my clutch and trans. I recommend normal shifting, just side step the clutch and jam that gas down ;)

My clutch is extremely hard even though I have a short throw shifter a quick shift isn't very easy to do with the clutch. I'll take it all the way out if I need to when I'm racing. So you think 40 mph roll with 373's 4-5k in second is what I should do?

My clutch is extremely hard even though I have a short throw shifter a quick shift isn't very easy to do with the clutch. I'll take it all the way out if I need to when I'm racing. So you think 40 mph roll with 373's 4-5k in second is what I should do?
Hard clutch is good, stomp it, shift, slide your foot off to let it pop up, then get back on it!
and thats right, idk about the other guys here, but ive been romping on my new edge for awhile, and thats all over my power range with 3.73s