Need An Intake Manifold

There are mods and there are smart mods. An intake swap on a stock PI engine is not a smart mod. For that matter....neither is spending thousands of dollars on bolt ons for a 4.6L just to break 300rwhp (which is what you'll need to do BTW) instead of just springing for a power adder....but hey, if people only did smart mods, half of the aftermarket companies wouldn't be in business I suppose? The fact of the matter is, basic bolt ons are fun and for the most part, cheap....but in the grand scheme of things N/A mods are just not cost effective on the 4.6L....and intake swaps are among those mods.
People can mod their cars however they want. Whatever makes THEIR car more enjoyable to THEM has nothing to do with you. If someone wants to build a NA 4.6 2V engine and spend thousands of dollars doing so and end of the day they absolutely love their car, then that is great. If someone wants to go a different route and hit it with boost or nitrous, then great for them. People like you try to bash everyone else and talk all this trash because you want them to do what you think is best. I simply offered an alternative to a stock manifold. My initial comment was ridiculed and I replied. Like I said before, this isn't about how much money you spend. It is about the passion of the sport. People spend tens of thousands of dollars on cars and builds and take the car to the track and it runs into a wall or catches fire or something breaks and they have to do it all over again. If someone on here spends a few thousand dollars and ends up with a 300 RWHP car that they enjoy and can drive all day every day, then I'd say they did extremely good.

• Sponsors (?)

You have an extremely skewed view of reality.

Let's go with the averages here. Conservatively, 95% of '96-'04 Mustang owners aren't going to as much as have a valve cover off....never mind swap cams, blower, intakes, heads, etc. But in your mind, one should always spend thousands of dollars on replacement aftermarket parts they will never utilize, because the stock replacement parts are a waste of money.

Yep....makes perfect sense. lol :rlaugh:

Regarding your logic.....take this very old, and very true to this day saying into account.

"Horsepower sells cars, torque wins races!
And we're not selling cars or trying to win races. Most of us want just a little more power. It doesn't matter what 95% of the population does. This one particular member has a Mustang, is on a Mustang forum, and is asking about a replacement for his stock intake manifold which cracked. Those facts makes him a prime candidate to be a part of the small percentage of us who mod our cars. If anyone's view of reality is skewed, it is yours. This is the perfect time and opportunity to upgrade to a Typhoon. Especially since they're down in price compared to when they first came on the market. They cost what like maybe about $150-$200 over a stock manifold? Yep, you DON'T make any sense.

Dude..... really...... drink decaf.

He his giving solid proven advise, unless you can PROVE OTHERWISE can it please.

We are not here to say oem is the end all be all, but there is a line between hotrod and daily driver. Not everyone is building a 10 second car.

Dude....let me get this straight. A stock OE replacement intake is a waste of money because you're impulsive and can't make up your mind? Here's a though, have a goal and stick to it.

Let us all know how the Tork Tek swap goes....it should be a fun project....but make no mistake....this is a VERY apples and oranges comparison and really has no bearing on whether or the stock manifold is a worth while piece. Using your logic, the Professional Products, Edelbrock and Trick Flow manifolds are an even a bigger waste of money.
Here is a thought, if you can't say something without berating someone else's thoughts or opinions, then how about you keep your comments to yourself. Or are you simply gonna bash me and everyone who agrees with me because you have some personal vendetta against the Typhoon? Stop being childish. You made your statement, let others make theirs. When you become God himself, then feel free to exact your divine judgement upon anyone who upgrades their stock 2V intake manifold. Until then, get over yourself.

Dude..... really...... drink decaf.

He his giving solid proven advise, unless you can PROVE OTHERWISE can it please.

We are not here to say oem is the end all be all, but there is a line between hotrod and daily driver. Not everyone is building a 10 second car.
How about YOU can it. I gave solid proven advice as well. Unless you can prove otherwise, take a hike.

No I won't because I BUILD MY OWN CUSTOM MADE AT HOME PARTS. I know what works, you have OPINIONS. You are bashing members that have built machines that far surpass what you can even fathom. Have a nice day.
Where exactly did I bash anyone? And I don't care what other cars far surpass mine. My car is my car and I enjoy it regardless of what anyone else has. You can have a highly modded Shelby Cobra, that is your car and has nothing to do with me or how much I love mine. And yes, I have opinions and I stand by them. And I have no problem openly expressing my opinions. That is what a forum is for. Since you know what works I'd love to see some evidence of data to support your statements. And I would love to see some data that disproves my opinions. And even moire so, I would love to see some pics of your custom home made parts as well as data showing how well they work in comparison to stock and aftermarket parts. Until then, shove off.

I've seriously never seen a group of people get soo tight and emotional over the mention of a Typhoon intake manifold as you guys. You'd think I hurt your feelings or something. Soo many tears...sheesh.

Last edited:
Someone has a little sand in his vagina???

Oh yes I actually do have a hard on for the aftermarket. I would even do an Edelbrock intake manifold over the stock piece of garbage. The ONLY reason why I constantly recommend the Typhoon more than any other intake is because it is priced decent compared to the others AND it is a direct replacement that comes with everything needed for install. Unlike the Edelbrock which requires other parts that aren't included and re-routes the fuel lines and other stuff. So yea, I absolutely LOVE the Typhoon. And yes, ESPECIALLY since I have one. See, I comment about stuff I have actually tried. Whereas you talk about all these dyno comparisons which I have never actually seen.

Ah, well.....if you've never actually seen it, it must not exist. I mean.....it's not like you could do a 60-second google search to find out for yourself. It's easier to talk out of your hat and make yourself look foolish?

FWIW, this is the intake I had on my last 4.6L....and it WAS proven.

IMG_5195.jpg

.....unlike the Typhoon which you can still give little more than "seat of the pants" testimony for.

I gave solid proven advice as well. Unless you can prove otherwise, take a hike.

Which part of that advice was solid, or proven again? Never saw one dyno sheet posted by you showing the Typhoon's superior power curve. Never saw you post a single time slip showing us all how much faster your car was for having it? Rest assured....now matter what you claim your car has run, there are 5X as many guys on here that have gone quicker that still utilize the stock "junk" factory intake you chastise so much.

You're really getting worked up over this whole thing, aren't you? Maybe @a91what was right.....you need to lay off the caffeine?

Someone has a little sand in his vagina???

Ah, well.....if you've never actually seen it, it must not exist. I mean.....it's not like you could do a 60-second google search to find out for yourself. It's easier to talk out of your hat and make yourself look foolish?

FWIW, this is the intake I had on my last 4.6L....and it WAS proven.

IMG_5195.jpg

.....unlike the Typhoon which you can still give little more than "seat of the pants" testimony for.

Which part of that advice was solid, or proven again? Never saw one dyno sheet posted by you showing the Typhoon's superior power curve. Never saw you post a single time slip showing us all how much faster your car was for having it? Rest assured....now matter what you claim your car has run, there are 5X as many guys on here that have gone quicker that still utilize the stock "junk" factory intake you chastise so much.

You're really getting worked up over this whole thing, aren't you? Maybe @a91what was right.....you need to lay off the caffeine?
Dude you got all bent out of shape over the simple mention of a Typhoon intake manifold. If I knew that bringing it up would hurt your feelings this much...I would have brought it up much sooner. And your buddy A1 steak sauce or whatever his name is, he got just as tight as you did. Like you two are on the same cycle or something. Calm yourself down, get control of your emotions, go eat some chocolate ice cream, and stop crying. I mean goodness, I can't tell if that is you or the supercharger whining that loud.

And here is a pic of my Typhoon intake manifold BTW.
20150803_193519.jpg

I know my word carries no weight here and I don't want to get dragged into the argument. But I would like to leave with this little bit of wisdom and that is you should listen to what everybody has to say, consider what they say, why they say it, do some research on your own and at the end of the day just do you and build your car for you not your car for them... Your the only one that knows what you want what your skill level is and your the one that has to live with your car. You should make some kind of plan but understand that plans change with time. You should also know that if you have your car long enough and plan to keep modding it that the idea of a "One and done" mod is little more than a fantasy as you go bigger and better you WILL be swapping out the shiny new part that you just put on last month or even completely redo the hole thing as you chase more and more HP its just the way the hobby goes. I also want to add in that if your new to forums you really need to be aware of sheeple you will find many forums have more than a few. Also as far as working on a car goes you will find that there are 100 ways to do something right and 10,000+ ways to do it wrong and you will be lucky if you learn 2 ways of doing it right so don't let any one tell you thats not how its done.

OK i'm going back to my own little world now :nice:

Reactions: 1 user