Need Help 94 5.0

There's a hall affect sensor under the rotor in the distributor make sure it isn't bad or drawing moisture,spray it down allover the rotor inside the cap and down in it all I over the hall affect sensor

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

• Sponsors (?)

What do I spray it with? I replaced all the vacuum lines,I've replaced almost every sensor,still no check engine light but it still studders and surges,sounds good at idle,but once u start moving it sounds horrible.....tomorrow I'm testing the fuel pressure and cylinder compression....im not sure where else to go from there

And yes I know,everyone swears it's cuz I have no o2 sensors,but it drove perfectly fine for 3 years with no o2 sensors......i honestly have no clue......someone told me i could've twisted my distribution shaft,I've never heard of that before,is that even possible?

And yes I know,everyone swears it's cuz I have no o2 sensors,but it drove perfectly fine for 3 years with no o2 sensors......i honestly have no clue......someone told me i could've twisted my distribution shaft,I've never heard of that before,is that even possible?

Bud, you've already gotten the best advice available, but you refuse to listen to it... why?

These guys on this forum know these cars inside and out, and you are claiming your local mechanic is a hack and your car runs just fine with no o2 sensors. The only "distribution" shaft that can twist off is between your distributor and oil pump. If it twists, your oil pump is locked up... thevcar will still run, you just won't have oil pressure.

Do yourself a huge favor and look into the suggestions offered to you already. It's pointless to ask for help, and then not take the advice. Start with the checklist.

Reactions: 1 user
Are O2 sensors the only thing on the checklist ? Lol
I'd still be curious to know if it had a tune chip in it- I would bet it has some kind of chip/tunner or piggy back style ecu on it. Chips can loose a tune and some piggy back system like the quarter horse have a internal battery. No clue if that's your problem but with your list of new parts I wouldn't rule it out.

Now that someone has pointed me in the right direction instead of being hung up on o2 sensors I'll get it , I've driven that car state to state for over 3 years with no problems,I've even raced it a few times and it ran perfect,it has always run perfect,don't be upset cuz ur solution doesn't make sense

You were asked earlier about the ecu and you said you didn't know. You come in here wanting someone to bust out a magic wand and tell you exactly what your issue was. Much more knowledgeable people than myself gave excellent starting points.

Surprised nobody has offered up the ol' flush with water and sand trick. It's like sea foam, but the abrasiveness of the sand really gets in the crevices then the water flushes out whatever is gumming up your engine.

Yes,and I don't know anything about mod chips,so now I know to look for a battery in a piggy back, all my sensors,n vacuum lines are good,I still have no check engine light,and yes I've know it can have codes without a light,but there are still no codes.i did go thru the check list,i did follow advice. I just know it's not the o2 sensors, doesn't matter which state I was in,or what gas i put in, the o2 sensors have never once been an issue

I do hope you understand that the o2 sensors tell the ecu exactly what the afr is. If the car is chipped to tune them out then fine they are no problem. If you pull the codes and the o2 sensor code shows up, we'll then maybe you should heed the advice given to you and fix the thing right.

O2 sensor gone bad= runs like :poo:

Not taking good advice from people who are certified with year of experience on these cars is ludicrous.

We don't just spout nonsense here. Fix the o2 sensors and enjoy no more problems if they were tuned out there would be no code for them.

I do understand that,but why after driving it daily for over 3 years would that now be a problem?I have no codes,not even for the o2 sensors. It's never studders or stalled,always ran perfect.

To check and see if the ecu has been chipped.
Remove passenger side kick panel, the ecu will be in the area strapped to the body of the car.

Once you have it removed on the backside of the ecu there is an opening if it's empty no chip if there looks to be an extra device then rake some pictures and post em up so we can help you out.

Actually take some pics anyway so we can see what is up with the car.

If u can explain why it ran perfect for so long without o2 sensors,and then say that's the reason,then I'd understand. Explain how it could run perfect for so long and this to now be a problem n I'll be a open minded about it, but if it was the o2 sensors I would've had problems before now

I really can't. My car had bad 02 sensors when I bought it, and it ran awful. Sputtered, back fired, idled horrible.

The computer uses them to determine the correct fuel mixture. The fact that you are saying that it ran 'so well' for 3 years without them is about as believable as the moon being made of green cheese. If you can find proof of another EFI car that runs great without O2 sensors, I'd be very interested to learn more.