Need Help 94 5.0

Well beleive it,I drove this car back n forth from arizona,to nevada, to California for years . Never had one issue,so if this problem had been happening the whole time i would definitely beleive it to be the o2 sensors,then i wouldn't be on here asking for advice

• Sponsors (?)

Look, Why not do something this simple.

You have a jack?

You have jack stands?

You have a smart phone?

Jack your car up, put it high enough for you to safely crawl under. Before you do that, place the jackstands under the car just to keep it from killing you.

Slide under your car, and starting at the bellhousing, take a picture of your exhaust system. Take another picture of the of the factory H pipe up to the catalytic converters.

Post the results.

One of two things will happen.

You'll prove to the collective that you don't have any O2 sensors.

The collective will prove that you do.

Reactions: 1 user
Will do after work today,but there's no factory H pipe,just headers straight pipe to flowmasters
That's fine. Just get the pics and we can help you out. We're not trying to say that your lying about it, it very well may have had the issue before but now it's being compounded by another issue.

#1 get the pics of the exhaust.
#2 pull the ecu out and get pics of it.

Then once we are all on the same page we can do some intuitive troubleshooting. :nice:

It does show code for the o2 sensors,always has,there is no hole for the sensors in the after market headers,but how come I've been drivin from state to state for years and it's just now an issue?
Ohhhhhhh Kaaaaaaay. HERE^^^ We say we have a code for o2 sensors..

Below, here, we say we have no code for o2 sensors:
Yes,and I don't know anything about mod chips,so now I know to look for a battery in a piggy back, all my sensors,n vacuum lines are good,I still have no check engine light,and yes I've know it can have codes without a light,but there are still no codes.i did go thru the check list,i did follow advice. I just know it's not the o2 sensors, doesn't matter which state I was in,or what gas i put in, the o2 sensors have never once been an issue

Sooo, which is it? How is it you contradict yourself like this and tell the guys trying to help you they are "hung up on" something that's most likely the problem? Seriously?

Let's try to get this clear so my frustration level can go down.....I have been driving for over 3 years without o2 sensors,always ran perfect,PERFECT.the problem is NOT becuz if the missing o2 sensors or it would not have been driving that good for years.right? So can we please move past the o2 sensors?

Let me see if I can explain what this looks like from our side of the fence.

A guy walks into a bank with $0.98. He puts it on the counter and says, "I'd like a dollar bill please." the teller looks at him, confused, and says, sir I can't do that, it's not enough money. The guy calls her stupid, asks for the manager, and makes the same request.

The manager tells him he doesn't have enough money, and that he's $.02 short. The guy then tells the manager that she's an idiot as well and storms off to another bank.

We're the bank employees and you're short on sense cents.

Wait, wait, wait. Here's my final answer. If Im not mistaken, the 94+ cars had 4 O2 sensors - 2 before and 2 after the catalytic converters. He may have the 2 after the cat removed thinking that they have been removed when the straight pipe went in. My guess is the 2 that are upstream are still in there.

They had 4 cats but only 2 sensors upstream of the converters. The downstream sensors weren't added until 96 for the obd2 change. My guess is they are still on there with the cats cut off.

I really am at a loss for words on this one.. lol.

"I want your help."

"I don't like that answer give me another one."

"Why do you keep giving me that answer? Is something wrong with you?"

The Corral

What do I spray it with? I replaced all the vacuum lines,I've replaced almost every sensor,still no check engine light but it still studders and surges,sounds good at idle,but once u start moving it sounds horrible.....tomorrow I'm testing the fuel pressure and cylinder compression....im not sure where else to go from there
Does it miss horribly when ever you try to hold it at any rpm? And there's this :poo: called wire dryer it's some kind of silicone lubricant but wd 40 works well since wd stands for water displacement,them distributors are terrible for drawing moisture,given you're still running a stock distributor, the thermostat housings like to leak and they're right next to the distributor which is where your moisture would be coming from,just spray it down real good don't be shy with it spray it all down in it under the rotor and on the top of the inside of the cap

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk