Need Help! Elictrical Problems

SamBullitt22

Aug 8, 2013
Ok so I'll start from the beginning. I was sitting in my car before going into the gym for about 30mins with it running. I go in and come out and halfway down the road I have the pedal to the floor and I'm barely going anywhere. The abs and battery light dimly come on. I finally get pulled over and my car won't start. I got a jump and it runs perfect, until I disconnect the jumper cables.

I got my battery tested and it was good. So I bought a new alternator. Made it about 5 miles and then shut the car off. Won't start. Bought a new battery and it got me home. From here it won't start. Returned the alt because it tested bad. Second alt tested bad (think the guys at autozone are just stupid) bought another brand from advance. Hook it up and hey, it won't start.

I have checked the fuse, replaced the pigtail from the voltage regulator. And still nothing. When my car is hooked up getting a jump the alt still only reads 12.9 as does the battery. When I'm connected and I use the accessories the voltage drops significantly. When I disconnect my car will evantually die in a matter of seconds. I'm so lost and need help. Has anyone else had this problem? I need my car back running. 2001 Mustang Bullitt. Please help.

• Sponsors (?)