Need Help Locating A Heavy Duty Serpentine Belt Tensioner.

• Sponsors (?)

You have two idler pulleys and a tensioner. Why not ditch that upper idler pulley and let the tensioner have some belt to work with :shrug:
I need both idlers so the supercharger pulley has max belt wrap, helps prevent belt slippage. The tensioner needs to be pulley almost all the way tight against the stops when installing the belt to get max belt tension so you do not have belt slip. When you spinning the supercharger almost 23K rpm you need good grip on the belt. I imagine that the supercharger is consuming about 100 HP to spin that kind of rpm and make 20 plus psi. Doing that with an 8 rib belt make you have all of your ducks in a row.

How'd you come up with the snout on that thing? Is it off of a different model KB blower? Perhaps the 2.2?
Believe it or not, that is the stock snout from the original kit for a 1.5l on a stock 5.0. That particular snout has a bigger shaft on the inside to get bigger retaining bolts for the blower pulley and the drive on the case side. Plus a larger bearing assembly was put into the end of the snout.
Here are some pics of the blower snout being shortened and modified because I moved the supercharger forward 3.4"
358superchargerbuild002_zpse99ca43a.jpg

358superchargerbuild003_zps1a3ad0ca.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
This setup is part of a procharger kit for a 13' V6 that we have in the shop currently. It uses a stock style tensioner but has no spring. There is an arc machined behind it and a tensioning bolt. It doesn't look that bad to fabricate.
IMG_20140731_171449917.jpg

IMG_20140731_171439136.jpg

This setup is part of a procharger kit for a 13' V6 that we have in the shop currently. It uses a stock style tensioner but has no spring. There is an arc machined behind it and a tensioning bolt. It doesn't look that bad to fabricate.
IMG_20140731_171449917.jpg

IMG_20140731_171439136.jpg

Hell, you can probably call ProCharger and buy one? :shrug:

Another glimmer of a thought: I recall there being an additional idler pulley with the Vortec kit. I don't remember which direction it applied tension though. I think I still have one of the idlers. When I step out today, I'll see if I can fish it out to get a good look at it.

Even if that particular idler doesn't work, it may still have a reversed spring.