need help. running rich.

everynameistake

Nov 22, 2004
ok well my car seems to be running rich, witch i think is caused by my injectors being too large.#30 and only 300whp gestament. i have a MAS calibrated for it. well after like ten minits of drinving at hi rev 3800+ it will start to miss and small back fire (bubbiling sound) when i let off the gas.i beliving its fouling the plugs. is there any tuneing i can do to help this. i have a driving school the 6th.

• Sponsors (?)

i think (my recollection) that code 85 suggests that the puter cant trim the a/f down lean enough. might look into that more (if nothing else, it confirms what you are thinking). good luck.

HISSIN50 said:
i think (my recollection) that code 85 suggests that the puter cant trim the a/f down lean enough. might look into that more (if nothing else, it confirms what you are thinking). good luck.

hissin y do you think that would be. im just curious . think his ecu went into limp mode? im not sugestion nothin just wanna learn

shttygtstang said:
hissin y do you think that would be. im just curious . think his ecu went into limp mode? im not sugestion nothin just wanna learn

It means that what the computer thinks is the minimum threshold for the injectors is incorrect. It's trying to trim the injectors down to what it's been programmed for the minimum and it's too much for those injectors. So even though the meter is calibrated for the injectors, the pulsewidth and injector slope is off at idle. Calibrated meters only "fool" the computer. It could probably be made better by recalibrating the meter (if that's what's actually causing the problem and the calibration is off).

daggar think a tweecer would be beeter for him considering all the other options it has besides fuel pressure regulation. if hes gunna buy a fpr for 100 say and a base tweecer is 250 wouldnt he just rather spend the extra 150?

Actually I do... Ideally, I think the Tweecer RT would be his best bet (thinking back to the potential for his meter being the problem). The data logging feature could help him set the correct transfer fucntion for the meter as well as set the minimums and maximums for the injectors. I'd rule out other possibilites before running out and spending $500 on a Tweecer to fix this problem though. In his case... a PMS might even a better option. Leass learning to do and the meter is supposedly already callibrated for his injectors. He could use the PMS to just take away fuel at idle till it gets into range.

I'm not sure of all the inner workings of the base Tweecer. Personally, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do data logging so as the laptop is connected (maybe the software isn't set up for that). I've not been able to get a clear answer when I asked the question. Every just says "Get an RT".

BTW... I got that throttle body you sent me looking brand new! EGR spacer is next. I'm still looking for gaskets.