Need Help With 95 Mustang 5.0

95GT 5.0 vert

May 1, 2016
Hello everyone I am new here but I do use this site often to find information. I recently bought a 1995 GT that was in rough condition and I have been fixing it up since. The car ran ok before but began to have problems before taking it apart (died twice putting it into reverse and wouldn't start back), I replaced the spark plugs,fuel filter, intake gasket, valve covers, deleted the smog, A/C and evap. The car ran fine for about 3 hours and all of a sudden it stopped running good. The problem I'm having is the car starts but as soon as it gets started it dies immediately it will not idle, all it does it start rev up to 1k and die and will only start by holding the throttle down. Fuel pressure is 40PSI before and while starting I replaced the TFI and this did nothing No check engine lights Fuel pump is new All connects were checked Car was retuned recently but will not run when chip is removed. Pulled plugs today and they were completely black and soaked with gas. Checked for…

• Sponsors (?)

1.) What mods have been made to the engine that a chip is required? Cylinder heads? larger injectors? different cam? different intake manifold?

2.) Look at the top of the 5.0 Tech forum where the sticky threads are posted. One of them is how to dump the computer codes. Codes may be present even if the CEL(Check Engine Light) isn’t on. I highly suggest that you read it and follow the instructions to dump the codes. http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/how-to-pull-codes-from-eec4.889006/