Need Help With Auto To Manual Conversion

rd

Founding Member
Jan 12, 2000
Ocean Springs MS
Ok, got the brake pedal out of my 89 four cylinder notch today.

Where does the speedo cable have to move to?

Will a 93 LX 50 clutch pedal and an SVO clutch quadrant work?:

Is the four cylinder clutch cable different from a 5.0 cable?

Are the firewall adjusters the same.

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks. I will go re read the Stinger writeup.

Got the pedals in, used the set from a 93 5.0 coupe. Had an SVO quadrant. Found the 2.3 bell, remembered it has a bell crank on it. Got a good 5.0 cable and a broke 2.3 cable, so a new one is on order.

The speedo cable seems almost too short to connect. Mine had a broke latch clip, so I ordered one of them too. My low cost swap may not turn out so low cost.

Pedals were a pita.

Got my new clutch cable Friday and started checking out how to install it today.

Have three clutch pedal sets, and installed the one from a 5.0 that had an SVO quadrant on it. Looks like that will not work with a stock 2.3 cable.

So I guess I have to swap the clutch pedals again. I love hot rodding.

Got my new clutch cable Friday and started checking out how to install it today.

Have three clutch pedal sets, and installed the one from a 5.0 that had an SVO quadrant on it. Looks like that will not work with a stock 2.3 cable.

So I guess I have to swap the clutch pedals again. I love hot rodding.

Wait, what? Use an SN95 cable from MM and route how you like.

Tried plan b today, and swapped in a set of pedals with the stock plastic quadrant on it. Put a 5.0 clutch firewall bushing on a 2.3 cable and it seemed to fit.

Broke the ignition switch and changed it. Spare on was bad. So a new one of those tomorrow. Got the flywheel refaced, got to buy a new clutch and pressure plate.